Would you say this is psammocora?

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
3,420
Reaction score
257
Location
Long Island, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e-11.jpg
 
Stylocoeniella maybe? Hard to tell.
 
I'd say it looks more like one of the Pavona or Leptoseris species, rather then a psammocora.
 
Possibly Pavona decussata or more likely, Psammocora digitata or superficialis
 
Thanks everyone!

it's a killer piece I just wanted to try and ID it since I was no where near sure of what it was
 
I didn't think one could see mouths on a psammy?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new