Wow, Beautiful $8,000 Chalice from @AquaSD - Would you buy?

TessGlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are some real beauties, I mean just WOW!! I think the great thing about this hobby is that you don't have to spend tons to create a beautiful reef (just look at the other lovely chalice choices they have) but its fun to imagine there is someone out there that might buy and get to live with these beauties. I've purchased some lovely corals from @AquaSD in the past but if I could ever consider spending so much I would for sure want to get some more info before, like how long tanked and exact par numbers. What are your thoughts? BTW they are having a sitewide 40% off sale right now, so now would be the time to buy :) https://aquasd.com/collections/chalice-frags
Annotation 2020-01-26 145654.png Collectors_Rainbow_Chalice_Full_Colony_50_eyes_5_-_7_999_720x.png

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was a millionaire with a big tank maybe. Given my real life situation I'll just wait the 5+ years for my tiny frag to become a colony. I have a similar piece I paid about $150 for a tiny frag of and I was a little hesitant but 6+ colours and my tank is full anyway.

On a per inch pricing or eye or however you want to price these they are probably a little over priced. You couldn't chop them up and make your money back instantly, BUT in their defense good luck finding colony sized pieces of these types of chalices. Everyone seems to frag them when they get to be even a couple of inches.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
yEAH SAW IT AND JUST KEPT SCROLLING DOWN THE PAGE.
1580083177461.png

Stevel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are some real beauties, I mean just WOW!! I think the great thing about this hobby is that you don't have to spend tons to create a beautiful reef (just look at the other lovely chalice choices they have) but its fun to imagine there is someone out there that might buy and get to live with these beauties. I've purchased some lovely corals from @AquaSD in the past but if I could ever consider spending so much I would for sure want to get some more info before, like how long tanked and exact par numbers. What are your thoughts? BTW they are having a sitewide 40% off sale right now, so now would be the time to buy :) https://aquasd.com/collections/chalice-frags
Annotation 2020-01-26 145654.png Collectors_Rainbow_Chalice_Full_Colony_50_eyes_5_-_7_999_720x.png
If I had crazy cash to spend maybe? But I’m poor and realistic not for me unless I hit lotto

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
beautiful corals!! not in this lifetime lol

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. But fraggers will.

Gals/Guys....let’s keep our love to affordable to all.

chalice? $8000? Indo is opening in next two weeks.

cant we all care about the corals, and our tanks?

please.

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gosh they are beautiful. But I feel like it would be my luck to buy one and kill it. Even if I had a tank full of healthy chalices, that would be the one to go!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back