OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All that said, it makes me nervous now to try and add a Leopard wrasse which is what my wife wants most.

I suppose I could try and make sure it's a female to help?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be unusual for you to have a female pintail fairy wrasse, divers collect the colorful males because they make more money off of them than they do the females.

Sounds like your Mel maybe losing interest. Hopefully he starts to leave the lubbocks alone, too.

An acclimation box is helpful when introducing new wrasses to an established wrasse. Even a sand burying wrasse can be kept in an acclimation box for a few days if you put a small container of sand inside for it. The trick is to feed the tank through the acclimation box. The new guy in the box will get first dibs on the food so it won't have to compete with the others and the established wrasses will be forced to see the new guy and watch it eat. Whatever the new guy doesn't eat will float out of the acclimation box to the other fish. This forced interaction will make the introduction go smoother.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mel went to sleep so they Lubbocks came out. Gorgeous wrasse. Seems to be trying to get out more even with the Mel harassing it

20230105_214951.jpg

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the pintail is now out and about, and the Mel only occasionally chases the Lubbocks now. Glad that's passed!

Now we were thinking about adding the following:

Fiji Leopard
Orange Back Fairy
Mccoskers Flasher

Would those last 3 be okay with our current ones?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back