Wrasse compatibility

Melinda01

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2018
Messages
271
Reaction score
159
Location
Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am now trying to figure out my stocking list for a 72 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump. I am in love with a couple of the fairy wrasses. If introduced at the same time would a lineatus and a labouts fairy wrasse get along? I would love to get both.
So far my ideal stocking list would be
Lineatus wrasse
Labouts wrasse
Yellow eye kloe tang
And a mated pair of mocha gladiator clowns
I currently have a ywg and a purple pseudochromis in qt.

Also, due to a recent velvet outbreak I would like to prophylacticly treat the fish in qt to be safe. Would these fish be safe with copper safe or are they copper sensitive? I also recently changed to a vet who also deals with saltwater fish so I’m going to try to get CP. If that is possible are they safe to treat with CP?
 
I would get rid of the purple pseudo before putting it in the dt. They can be quite nasty. A more peaceful option is the orchid dottyback, black cap basslet, or royal gramma.

Those wrasses should work together.

They can handle copper, but it should be raised over a longer period of time than directed on the packaging.
 
I would get rid of the purple pseudo before putting it in the dt. They can be quite nasty. A more peaceful option is the orchid dottyback, black cap basslet, or royal gramma.

Those wrasses should work together.

They can handle copper, but it should be raised over a longer period of time than directed on the packaging.
So glad to hear! They are beautiful fish. Good to know about the pseudo as well. I have been trying to avoid chromis and damsels for that reason. Had a couple yellow tail damsels that I got rid of for that very reason.
Pseudochromis Fradmani is the actual name for the one I have. I had to look it up. It’s easer for me to say purple pseudo. But on looking it up I guess there is a difference. States that the other name for the pseudo fradmani is a orchid dottyback. I wanted to know ahead of time because if I put it back in the display I would never get it out! Last time I took all of the rocks out and couldn’t find it. It was hidden in a rock! Luckily he didn’t die from being out of water!
 
Last edited:
Orchid dotty is not nearly as aggressive as purple dotty.

I would add it, it's a great fish.
 
Orchid dotty is not nearly as aggressive as purple dotty.

I would add it, it's a great fish.
Thanks! Glad it isn’t as agressive. I really like it too! Such a pretty color and full of personality!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new