Wrasse compatibility

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am now trying to figure out my stocking list for a 72 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump. I am in love with a couple of the fairy wrasses. If introduced at the same time would a lineatus and a labouts fairy wrasse get along? I would love to get both.
So far my ideal stocking list would be
Lineatus wrasse
Labouts wrasse
Yellow eye kloe tang
And a mated pair of mocha gladiator clowns
I currently have a ywg and a purple pseudochromis in qt.

Also, due to a recent velvet outbreak I would like to prophylacticly treat the fish in qt to be safe. Would these fish be safe with copper safe or are they copper sensitive? I also recently changed to a vet who also deals with saltwater fish so I’m going to try to get CP. If that is possible are they safe to treat with CP?

Dodgersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get rid of the purple pseudo before putting it in the dt. They can be quite nasty. A more peaceful option is the orchid dottyback, black cap basslet, or royal gramma.

Those wrasses should work together.

They can handle copper, but it should be raised over a longer period of time than directed on the packaging.

OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get rid of the purple pseudo before putting it in the dt. They can be quite nasty. A more peaceful option is the orchid dottyback, black cap basslet, or royal gramma.

Those wrasses should work together.

They can handle copper, but it should be raised over a longer period of time than directed on the packaging.
So glad to hear! They are beautiful fish. Good to know about the pseudo as well. I have been trying to avoid chromis and damsels for that reason. Had a couple yellow tail damsels that I got rid of for that very reason.
Pseudochromis Fradmani is the actual name for the one I have. I had to look it up. It’s easer for me to say purple pseudo. But on looking it up I guess there is a difference. States that the other name for the pseudo fradmani is a orchid dottyback. I wanted to know ahead of time because if I put it back in the display I would never get it out! Last time I took all of the rocks out and couldn’t find it. It was hidden in a rock! Luckily he didn’t die from being out of water!

Last edited:

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orchid dotty is not nearly as aggressive as purple dotty.

I would add it, it's a great fish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back