Wrasse going to die

QuentinSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sixline wrasse is breathing really fast and hard, and I think he's going to die. On Monday morning he was lying where he sleeps, and breathing really fast, later that night he swam a bit and was knocking into the glass and couldn't swim properly. I put him into a bucket with new water that had the same parameters as the tank's. This afternoon he is looking really bad, I did a freshwater dip and nothing came out, and I put him back into the tank. He doesn't have white spots on his body, but his nose does have a tiny bit. The only think that I can think of is potentially my nitrates being a bit higher, however all my other animals seem to be fine. I have dinoflagellates too if that's something. He was completely ok before that morning. Pls help me thank you.

image.jpg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's never fun when your pets are not well, I hope you manage!

You say that your nitrates might be high? What are your tank parameters?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, it is unlikely that nitrates are the issue. More history on the tank and the fish is needed. Here is a link to a post that describes that:

It may be too late to help your wrasse, but if it is a contagious disease, you’ll want to try and protect your other fish.

Jay

OP
OP
QuentinSaltwater

QuentinSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, it is unlikely that nitrates are the issue. More history on the tank and the fish is needed. Here is a link to a post that describes that:

It may be too late to help your wrasse, but if it is a contagious disease, you’ll want to try and protect your other fish.

Jay

Jay
No other fish or inverts have died lately, my parameters are good, I have tried a freshwater dip.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back