Wrasse in 20 gallon

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just keep 4 fish, see where it goes from there. If you plan on adding coral, see what your aqua scape is..: could lead to moving rocks around which would stress your fish

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for Pink Streaked Wrasse

have had mine for over a year in a 20 AIO with a pair of clowns. No issues at all.
Hello, do you have a top for your tank? If not, are you not worried about the wrasse jumping out? Thanks

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, do you have a top for your tank? If not, are you not worried about the wrasse jumping out? Thanks
I have a top. But I usually keep it off lately, since I’ve been home so much lately. I put it on when I’m out and about - as a just in case.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's really a good idea to have the top on whenever you aren't actively viewing the tank. Something could jump out and go behind the tank where you can't see it, or it could jump out and you could see it immediately, but it could have hit the ground hard enough that it dies later anyway.

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a top. But I usually keep it off lately, since I’ve been home so much lately. I put it on when I’m out and about - as a just in case.
Thanks for responding! I have 2 small clowns for the past few months. Was thinking of getting a pink streaked wrasse as it stays smaller then a royal gramma. Do you plan on adding anymore fish? Or bio load is pretty much maxed out? Thanks!

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for responding! I have 2 small clowns for the past few months. Was thinking of getting a pink streaked wrasse as it stays smaller then a royal gramma. Do you plan on adding anymore fish? Or bio load is pretty much maxed out? Thanks!
My bio load isn’t maxed out I’d say, I’ve tempted the thought of adding another fish but everything is going well right now. So I probably won’t.

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure the answer is no but can pink streaked wrasse go with Tanaka wrasse

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue is with two wrasse(s) you would have 6? fish in a 20g. A tandem of clowns may show “aggression” to a wrasse which is almost unanimously described as cryptic/shy. May get bullied, especially unhelpful as being the final addition(s).

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back