Wrasse in Fluval Evo

lem0nsnow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of wrasse, if any, can I put in a Fluval evo?

I currently have 2 clowns, a cleaner shrimp, a conch, a turbo snail

Running a sicce voyager 2000 and a sicce 1.0

3ECF635C-27CA-4229-9657-E505C0EDB74A.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of wrasse, if any, can I put in a Fluval evo?

I currently have 2 clowns, a cleaner shrimp, a conch, a turbo snail

Running a sicce voyager 2000 and a sicce 1.0

3ECF635C-27CA-4229-9657-E505C0EDB74A.jpeg
With the two clowns you’re going to have a hard time adding a wrasse - There are species suitable for nano tanks like the Fluvals but they really don’t do well with aggression when newly added.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is a Fluval eco?

The only wrasse for small tanks are the pink streak or the possum wrasses.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree pink streak is good choice but like what is said that fish doesn’t like any stress from others. It can find a hole to hide and be ok but be ready in case clowns don’t slow the wrasse in the tank

OP
OP
L

lem0nsnow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the two clowns you’re going to have a hard time adding a wrasse - There are species suitable for nano tanks like the Fluvals but they really don’t do well with aggression when newly added.
Ok thank you guys!! Is there any suitable 3rd fish I can have in here?

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a possum wrasse in a similar size tank (no clowns) but I feel he's more active than I expected, he uses all the space and I personally want a bigger area for him.

RZGreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you guys!! Is there any suitable 3rd fish I can have in here?
I have a pair of clowns and a hector's goby in my evo. They've been together happily for about 9 months now. The goby was added about 2.5 months after the clown pair.

OP
OP
L

lem0nsnow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of clowns and a hector's goby in my evo. They've been together happily for about 9 months now. The goby was added about 2.5 months after the clown pair.
I did have a Randall goby and a pistol shrimp before, the Randall didn’t like the high flow.

Not sure if I will add another fish just yet, will maybe wait for another tank before I think about this again :)

RZGreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have a Randall goby and a pistol shrimp before, the Randall didn’t like the high flow.

Not sure if I will add another fish just yet, will maybe wait for another tank before I think about this again :)

I've never had a Randall goby, but my Hector's goby seems to be fine with flow on the higher side. I have a Hygger Mini on full blast in random mode, and I also upgraded the stock pump to a sicce with much higher flow, and he's never been bothered by it.

OP
OP
L

lem0nsnow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a Randall goby, but my Hector's goby seems to be fine with flow on the higher side. I have a Hygger Mini on full blast in random mode, and I also upgraded the stock pump to a sicce with much higher flow, and he's never been bothered by it.
I upgraded to a sicce pump and wave maker, 3 days later my goby jumped out the tank

slogan315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 for the tailspot blenny. Funniest personality in my whole tank. And gets along with everyone, including the aggressive fish

RZGreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded to a sicce pump and wave maker, 3 days later my goby jumped out the tank

Oh wow! Sorry about that. I have a mesh cover on mine but that's because one of my clowns decided to jump into the middle chamber when I first got the pair of them. I went with the D-D Aquarium Solution Jumpguard DIY top, and one of the cutout accessories from them (for the light attachment), for a total of under $60 and less than an hour of work for a nice mesh lid. I just couldn't justify one of the fancier, and far more expensive, after market lids.

bbeck28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clowns in my Fluval Evo. When I first got the tank a year ago, I tried a possum wrasse -- didn't make it long, clowns seemed to bully him. I've just kept the 2 clowns now.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back