Wrasse not swimming smoothly?

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2021
Messages
630
Reaction score
259
Location
Tom's River
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since I got my wrasse he didn't swim smoothly. He swims with a bobing motion. Don't know how else to describe it. Looks like he had swim bladder when I first got him home. He is swimming upright and fine except for this swimming motion. Looks as though his front 2 fins are slightly eaten away, maybe from a higher level of ammonia from where I got him. Wondering if this is normal behavior for a marble/ checkerboard/ hortulanus wrasse? And does he look constipated?

 
Nothing looks bad in the video, but it's only 4 secs long. Any chance you can post a longer video?
 
I don't know this particular species of wrasse but some do have a broken kind of spastic gait. Tank size may have something to do with it as well, length is very important.
 
I thought wrasses swam smoothly. He has like a jumpy motion to him. Yk?
All of my halichoeres wrasses swim differently than fairy or flasher wrasses. Your wrasse looks like a normal halichoeres wrasse to me :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new