Wrasse question

sage2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’ve have my tank for a few years now it’s a 75 gal. And currently I have a Scott’s fairy wrasse along with a clown fish, goby, firefish and Midas Blenny. I’m wondering if adding a flasher wrasse or any other wrasse would be a bad idea or not. Ideally I would like to add one more along with a few other new species of fish into my tank. Any feedback is appreciated thanks!

Bob Boblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience the prettier the wrasse, the more they might butt heads but with a larger tank they might be able to find an area to call home away from the other. If you do get one I recommend having a good way to catch it just in case it doesn't work out. Sometimes putting it in a fish cage in the tank is a good way to see if the other wrasse might try to attack it before releasing it.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’ve have my tank for a few years now it’s a 75 gal. And currently I have a Scott’s fairy wrasse along with a clown fish, goby, firefish and Midas Blenny. I’m wondering if adding a flasher wrasse or any other wrasse would be a bad idea or not. Ideally I would like to add one more along with a few other new species of fish into my tank. Any feedback is appreciated thanks!
Yeah that’s a big and aggressive fairy unfortunately. Really needs a bigger tank too.

OP
OP
sage2000

sage2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that’s a big and aggressive fairy unfortunately. Really needs a bigger tank too.
Darn ok I will try and bring it back to the LFS due to the tank being small and it being aggressive. Thank you.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Fairy wrasse I suggest are Naoko, exquisite, social, hooded, Lubbocks, adorned, pintail, or lunatus
That one Naoko that I was thinking about for months is finally out of my LFS, so it can't sit there taunting me anymore.

Barb0713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a yellow flanked wrasse and it is so beautiful and peaceful. My bristle nose tang tried to kill it for 2 straight days , now they are perfectly fine :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back