OP
OP
kingfisherfleshy

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shes a beaut. I have no idea which one Im going to pick. I would like to have something different from wrasses Ive had, so I am steering away from all the various "lined" wrasses. I would also like to have something a little more unique. So who knows. I have started researching the different fish though.

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Halichoeres cosmetus, the adorned wrasse. Related to the christmas wrasse but not as big and a true hunter of SPS pests. Mine spends ALL day going through all my SPS corals, doesn't harass my many other wrasses, and is rather attractive. I've had all the others mentioned and while most have been OK none have been more thorough than this guy (he even works the undersides and very tight "nooks and crannies"). Good article here on these closely-related wrasses:
http://zoolstud.sinica.edu.tw/Journals/48.5/709.pdf

Dave

Oh, and the folks in the UK and Europe swear by them for AEFW (I've never had that problem but never want to either). Quote from Robertus in the Netherlands: "I bought the only known wrasse who eats and hunts for AEFW: the biochoerus cosmetes. This wrasse really hunts for the AEFW all day long! Most shops overhere in holland now have a Biochoeres cosmetes in their tanks to prevent problems. The six line wrasse is not a real AEFW hunter"

Last edited:
OP
OP
kingfisherfleshy

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow sorry...just wrote this same thing on your page! Ha ha, Im going to see if foster & smith's divers den will bring one of these in...then I will just go pick it up.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back