Wrasse that doesn't jump

p7willm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all know it is better to look good than to feel good and I think my tank looks better without a top.

I also think my tank would look better with a wrasse in it. Are there any wrasses that are not known for jumping?

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course tanks look better without a top, however people don't use them because they look good, they use them because it's the responsible thing to do. That being said I get it, I really do, especially for rimless tanks, but perhaps you should consider using one for when you're not around your tank.

Simple answer to your question, no, there are no wrasses that do not jump. Same can be said for any fish, but especially wrasses of all types, sorry to say.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only wrasse that don't jump are dead ones. Seriously I have 10 in my tank and everyone has at the very least bounced of the mesh screen. 4 of them have jumped multiple times (during feeding, maintanence when one of the tops is off).

OP
OP
p7willm

p7willm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I would really feel bad seeing a dead fish on the floor so I will probably give up on having a wrasse for now. Maybe a top will be in my future and I will get one then.

The tank is cycling and I am looking around to decide what fish to put in and wrasses keep coming up and I look them up and all said jumper. They seem nice but the tank is rimless and it does look better without a top.

Thanks. :(

mr11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked out the clearview lids from artfully acrylic? They are top notch and designed to go with, and look good on, rimless tanks, especially when compared to DIY screens or eggcrate.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only wrasse that don't jump are dead ones. Seriously I have 10 in my tank and everyone has at the very least bounced of the mesh screen. 4 of them have jumped multiple times (during feeding, maintanence when one of the tops is off).
X2. All wrasse are jumpers, some less than others but they're all a flight risk. Why not mesh the top?

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all know it is better to look good than to feel good and I think my tank looks better without a top.

I also think my tank would look better with a wrasse in it. Are there any wrasses that are not known for jumping?
That's like asking for an alcoholic who doesn't drink.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 92 43.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back