Wrasse w/o sand temporarily

Angels 2010

Wrasse-a-holic
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
318
Reaction score
42
Location
Brea, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend I am planning to remove the rest of my sand from my tank in order to replace it with a larger grain. Unfortunately because of financial reasons, i can not afford to get the new sand yet, but because of tank health reasons, I have to get it done ASAP. I would like to go barebottom for maybe 2-4 weeks, but my problem is that I have a canary wrasse that sleeps in the sand. Will it be ok for that long without sand to sleep in?
A suggestion was made to take a tupperware container of sand and put it in a corner for it to sleep in for the time which is a great idea, but I also have a diamond goby. So how can i A> get the DG to not remove all the sand from the container and B> keep the flow in the tank from not knocking the snd out of the tupperware. Thanks, Dave
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new