Wrasses for 35 gallons?

Robert Binz

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
532
Reaction score
294
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning a RedSea Reefer 170 (45 gal total; 35 display)

Are there any wrasses that can live happily in the 35g? Also include wrasses that could enjoy that tank when younger but would need to be rehomed when older because I have no problem with that either.
 
Yellow coris. Sleep in the sand -- not suitable for bare bottom or crushed coral substrate.
 
Planning a RedSea Reefer 170 (45 gal total; 35 display)

Are there any wrasses that can live happily in the 35g? Also include wrasses that could enjoy that tank when younger but would need to be rehomed when older because I have no problem with that either.

Possum or Pink Streaked would do well in one long term. That's pretty much it.
 
Yellow coris. Sleep in the sand -- not suitable for bare bottom or crushed coral substrate.

They need more space than a 35 gallon has to offer. Definitely not a nano fish. Could work for a rehoming situation though.
 
Pink streaked wrasse or any of the three wetmorella's, as mentioned above. The key with any of them long term is plenty of live rock and a healthy population of pods, but they will eat prepared foods, it just takes time.
 
Well, I have a Red Sea Reefer 170... and I have a Potter Leopard Wrasse in there, been in there for a year, looks healthy, swims around all day, eats very very very well, no issues with my 3 different species of damsel fish and no signs of stress what so ever. Do I plan on rehoming him later? Nope. Unless there’s a need to, he’s gonna be in the Reefer Por vida... 8-)
Just an FYI, since you have the same tank I do, might as well tell you about the wrasse I do keep in it. SAS!!!
 
I have a 60g and I have 2 with no problem
 
Six Line Wrasse is my favorite, got mine in my 40 breeder. Just watch out because some can be really aggressive, others not so much
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new