Wrasses for a 1700l system

DevonReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently getting my stock list for my new 1700 litre system. I’ve never had Wrasses before and would like to add a few to this tank. What do people suggest and why?

It’s going to be mainly sps with some lps corals. Other fish will include Gladiator Clowns, Scribbled Anthias, Yellow Clown Gobies, Foxface and Tangs. Still not set in stone.

If you want any other information let me know

7bdf4806c066ced9c25c850122f80238.jpg

OP
OP
DevonReef

DevonReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Looks like an epic build in the making! You options are almost endless in that size system. Here’s a great place to start if you’re not all that familiar.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/all-about-reef-safe-wrasses-in-aquaria.259894/

Thank you. I will add that to my list of reading material.

The build is mental, it’s 12ft by 2ft by 2ft and nearly 5ft sump. Going to have 5 Orphek v5 compacts with 5 MP40S. Other equipment will include calcium reactor, protein skimmer, biochurn reactor, UV, ozone, 3ft refugium, 2 return pumps controlling 2 outlets each and 1 return pump for a manifold. An Apex will be added at some point

OP
OP
DevonReef

DevonReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m more than happy to start a thread on the build and will be doing a YouTube channel as well.

How you finding the lights?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Videos are even better :).

I really couldnt be happier with the light. Ive got just 1 full size on my 3ft tank. It replaced a 4 bulb t5/Reefbtire combo that while pleasing to the eye didnt have enough punch to the sand bed. The App is easy to use and ive no issues with connectivity or the light not doing what ive told it.

OP
OP
DevonReef

DevonReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great. Should be delivered on Tuesday!

Do you have any tips for setting it up or using it?

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, am I seeing this correct as an L shaped tank? Possibilities are limitless for wrasse. Thats plenty of room.

The only concern I have are the tangs with wrasse. The more aggressive tangs (ie, Achilles, powder blue & brown, blue hippo) could pose a threat to the more peaceful wrasse, but with enough space and a more peaceful species of tang it could work. Just be mindful that wrasse can not tolerate heavy abuse like tangs can dish out. They will hide and a hiding wrasse will eventually die. The smaller Ctenochaetus genus of tangs would probably be perfectly fine.

OP
OP
DevonReef

DevonReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep a L shape tank. If straight 12ft by 2ft by 2ft

I’ve got a couple of ideas on Tangs:

1, A shoal of yellow & purple tangs or koi
2, Single tangs such as Blonde Naso, Powder Brown, Salfin etc.

I hope due to size of the tank and having a few islands. Should give loads of territories for every fish

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great. Should be delivered on Tuesday!

Do you have any tips for setting it up or using it?
Honestly nothing comes to mind. The instructions on setup were pretty basic but effective enough. The App is so strait forward im sure you’ll figure it out with ease but im happy to help if you need it. Just shout.

The only thing im really unsure of is linking multiple lights simply cuz i havent done it but i can’t see it being all that tricky.

OP
OP
DevonReef

DevonReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I’ve built a great relationships with company as it’s only way to buy them in the UK but will message you if I need help

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back