Wrasses spitting sand over coral

calvertc425

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have a question I have three leopard wrasses and a spotted mandarin in my 57 gallon aquarium. Now I'm having an issue as such that my coral keeps dieing because they somehow are getting sand all over them. I'm not sure which one it is as I have a potters leopard a meleagris leopard and a bluestar. Any ideas why they do this? I've lost 4 hammers and two torches to this and I'm tired of it please help lol

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm, it may be worth considering other things that could be killing the corals. If you have good flow sand should not bother them much. I keep a large eel in a mixed reef and he coats the corals in sand every day.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm, it may be worth considering other things that could be killing the corals. If you have good flow sand should not bother them much. I keep a large eel in a mixed reef and he coats the corals in sand every day.

Great point. Especially hammers and torches ashould not have an issue with some sand. Maybe a few pictures and your water numbers can help see if there may be another issue to investigate.

Espcially euphyllia , if you start losing them fast where you see white skeleton almost overnight it may be something you need to take action on .

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back