Write Up: My adventure with an algae scrubber

eric.battani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This evening I met up with Eric (Thanks Eric) to see how his was setup, and he provided me with a screen full of algae.

(Thumbnail, click the image for bigger version)

I wish I had took pictures of his sump, but hopefully he also informed me that he was int he process of redoing his sump...so maybe we will get some pictures from him when he finishes up.

So now I have a better algae starting point, the next step will be to integrate this into my current sump setup.

I also want to say Hi to everyone who his now watching this thread from the Facebook share today. Tag along and feel free to bring up your experiences and concerns!

I wish had pictures of the old setup still on my phone but last week my phone had the purple screen of death so I lost all pictures. And I have yet to start on taking down my 125g tank. I hope to have have the 75 setup by this weekend and I will post pictures of the new setup then. I even stoped at home depot on the way home from work to get union valves and pipe fittings . So I have now ran out of excuses lol

OP
OP
Onebaldman

Onebaldman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while (been busy with life) but I thought I would continue informing people of algae scrubber ideas:

This was at MACNA last year:

Turbo?s Aquatics Revised Turbo HF Scrubber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIOzwPbWRm8

I flipped when I saw the $300 price tag on it until I started breaking down the parts, but it is a nice looking solution. Considering most of the equipment this could replace, I then could justify the price. (No I didn't buy one).

I'm am currently in the process of redoing my sump, so things should start to come together soon and hopefully some actual updates.

Bad Company

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a skimmer with my scrubber to take the yellow tint out of the water, especially after the weekly scraping.
IMG_0171.jpg
IMAG0107.jpg
IMG_0384.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 5.0%
Back