• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB SMALL Fish for 1 gallon tank

Irregardless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 gallon reef with no fish currently. Yes. 1 Gallon.

Current live stock is

2 Sexy Shrimp
2 Harlequin Shrimp
1 Porcelain Crab
1 Pom Pom Crab

Looking for a Micro pair of clowns or anything really.

Does anyone have smol fish?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1g is way, way too small for even the smallest fish. Your harlequin shrimp I fear are not long for this world.

OP
OP
Irregardless

Irregardless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1g is way, way too small for even the smallest fish. Your harlequin shrimp I fear are not long for this world.
Beg to differ. I have fish in the tank that are 1/2" in length.

I've had these harleys in this tank for over 6 months and they've barely grown. Nah, they're doing just fine. lol :) Once they do get bigger, I have a bigger tank to put them into.

Ive also had yellow clown goby and mandarin live for quite some time in here. Attached is the current flaming prawn goby that's in the tank. HES SMALL. Only comes out at "night" so he's not much entertainment.

Attachments

• 296468871_752537799351002_1608294809784567365_n.jpg
    296468871_752537799351002_1608294809784567365_n.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 22

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beg to differ. I have fish in the tank that are 1/2" in length.

I've had these harleys in this tank for over 6 months and they've barely grown. Nah, they're doing just fine. lol :) Once they do get bigger, I have a bigger tank to put them into.

Ive also had yellow clown goby and mandarin live for quite some time in here. Attached is the current flaming prawn goby that's in the tank. HES SMALL. Only comes out at "night" so he's not much entertainment.
You don’t think the fact that your harlequins haven’t grown in six months is concerning? They are an active, fast growing species, if they haven’t grown in six months, they’re likely starving. I don’t care how small the fish is, there are no fish that would be appropriate or ethical to keep in a one gallon tank. A fish might survive for a while in such a small tank, but no fish will thrive in such a tank.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%

Back