• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTT or FTGH Rainbow BTAs

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all! central PA, Harrisburg area. I have 5 healthy rainbow bubble tips that I'd like to rehome as they're going to be too much for my 60g tank as I start getting more into SPS..

I'd love to trade them for whatever anyone might have to offer, or even free to good home them, but you gotta come help me get them out of the tank. PM me if interested and have experience removing them from the rocks.
20200808_202227.jpg

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump for some free stuff
I'd take them all if I was close, but I'm not, however I'll help you get them removed. Removing bubble tips can be easy or hard depending on your determination :p.

Best way is to get whatever rock they are attached to and pick it up and turn it over where the Anemeone is hanging upside down (Note you are doing in this while still in the water, don't need to remove from tank to do this.) Then you can very gently use your finger or even a pair of tweezers and start working on the foot. Very gently and slowly. It will peel off the rock, then it will drop down into the water column, catch it and move to it a basket or acclimation box or whatever you are wanting to use as a temporary hold.

You can also just turn it upside down and put it near your powerhead or use a spare powerhead to blow on the foot instead of using your fingers/tweezers. This works as well. Its time and patience. Usually pretty easy to do it this way.

Now if you cannot take the rock out, well then you have alot harder of a job. Best way I've found is to take an old credit card and use the corner and slowly work at the foot while inside the tank. This will take alot more time but same result. I've removed countless nems over the years and never have lost one that I've removed myself. Most people rush it and then therefore rip/damage the foot. I've taken an hour straight before to remove 1 nem that was embedded deep in the rock. Got him out, no damage.

Wish I was there to help you, as I said, I would have taken them all lol. Good luck sir!

CarrieHess

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I wish you were just a tiny bit closer. Im in Pittsburgh and I am brand new to corals and would have loved these in my tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back