Wurdemanni shrimp had babies

Kirschy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys,

Ive had 3 lysmata wurdemanni peppermint shrimp for about 6 months and saw them spawn about 2-3 times allready. Last time was about a week ago.

Now since my tank is currently fishless im kinda eager to try raising some of the shrimp. Today when fragging a coral i found 5-6 larvae still alive so i feel like they are doing quite fine in my tank. I have quite an active biofauna and feed phytoplancton aswell as coral food.

Have any of you raised lysmata species in a normal reef tank? Can this be succesfull? What should i go about? I currently have no seperate tank to move them to but there doesnt seem to be a reason for that anyway.

Any tips?? The tank will be fallow for at least 1 month.

OP
OP
K

Kirschy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it? I read they frequently spawn if healthy. I know to breed them you really wanna net the larvae out usually but i really dont have a spare setup and am a rookie in cultivating life food for the babies. Its kinda lucky if i really get to raise them now since i just lost all but 1 fish to a brook outbreak. My leftover clown is being treated in quarantine right now.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never kept shrimp long enough. My fish would eat them. The only guys I have kept have been singular, so no breeding. I think it is cool.

Sorry about the brook outbreak. That is a tough one!

OP
OP
K

Kirschy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve learned my lesson. Never quarantined before. Wont do that mistake again. If the shrimp breeding works it might even turn out to have something positive to it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 33 55.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.3%
Back