WWC Cyber Monday LIVE SALE 2017! Shop 'til your mouse breaks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks! I can't believe it!!

WHAAAAAAT!? THAT IS SOOO AWESOME! Was so happy to see your name... just when you thought they forgot about you! [emoji2] [emoji109]

[emoji170] [emoji225]

I guess I'm not "Ironman" but I'm still a winner! haha I didn't even remember seeing that prize! So excited I won! Thanks for your support Blue you got me through it! :D

BlueDamselReef

Just keep swimming!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I can't believe it!!

I guess I'm not "Ironman" but I'm still a winner! haha I didn't even remember seeing that prize! So excited I won! Thanks for your support Blue you got me through it! :D
Glad I could help! [emoji23] It was fun hanging out with you crazy people for 28 HOURS! [emoji32] [emoji23] [emoji23]

[emoji170] [emoji225]

Legonch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone looking to match their lighting to ours, this is how we typically run our LED colors.

NIhfz12.jpg
how far above the water do you guys run your radions?

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so jealous. I am seeing all these pictures of these great looking frags. I have probably over 20 corals in my tank from WWC. When I seen them post the frag packs I was excited. I have read the article by Battle Corals about how if you just let them pick the corals you get way better stuff than if tell him what you want. I bought the 9 pack. I almost got 2 of them. I live a hour away from their shop. I went by the shop today. I was so excited I even went and rented a PAR meter so I could find my new corals the perfect place in my tank. They came of from the back and handed me a bag with my 10 frags I purchased in it. I seen the paper that they always include showing what you got.
20171201_223958.jpg

There was some good stuff on there. At closer look some good stuff and some not as good stuff but hay it was a grab bag. That is part of the fun. I love Acans. I have 8 different kinds in my tank. I have a zoa garden and I am wanting to have Blasto area. I currently only have two different kinds.

Unfortunately for me I think they picked the best frags as they went. Since most were already shipped I believe I got the leftovers. The picture of the red Zoas looks good. I like zoas. Mine have not opened yet so I don't know what they will look like but by looking at the buds I only got one full size, one half size, and one baby polyp. The picture did not come out good. I think it had to do with how white the plug was threw off the white balance.
20171202_000549.jpg

The Hollywood Stunner Chalice was a standard frag and well as the birds nest. I just notice on the picture of the Chalice something on the top. I hope that is not aptasha I missed.
20171202_000340.jpg
20171202_000346.jpg

The Jingle Bells looked like the plug was cut in half and glued to another plug and is half brown.
20171202_000408.jpg

The one I was the most excited about the AUSSIE LORD>>>;Sorry>>>>> Looks more like a Mirco Lord but I can't tell for sure since there is not a single complete head. I am kind of embarrassed to put it in my Acan garden.
20171202_000334.jpg

They had checked that I got Green clove but it wasn't in the bag. It looked like I got a single Wannabe like they usually get $2 or $3 for on ebay but that is better than a green clove. Those won't go in my tank. They are up there with aptasha in my book. That was all that was on the sheet.
20171202_000403.jpg

Must of been out of the good stuff like the Goldeneye and Hot Pink Chalice and the Echinata so I had to get a write in. Well three write ins. The first one was Daisy Polyps another clove type coral that won't go in my tank.
20171202_000353.jpg

The second write in was Blasto Merletti.

I have never seen blastos so small. I am not sure if it is this type or if these are just babies. I will find out.:)
20171202_000241.jpg

And last write in was Rainbow Platy. It doesn't have the colors like the ones on their website but you never know how it will look when it grows out.
20171202_000350.jpg

I have seen many unboxing from WWC. The corals alway look like the picture. Out of the 9 I got only 3 looked close to their picture to me. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. I learned not to buy a frag pack unless you have an early ship date. I would love to see others who bought frag packs to compare. I am betting than the ones that shipped earlier had some way better frags.

BlueDamselReef

Just keep swimming!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so jealous. I am seeing all these pictures of these great looking frags. I have probably over 20 corals in my tank from WWC. When I seen them post the frag packs I was excited. I have read the article by Battle Corals about how if you just let them pick the corals you get way better stuff than if tell him what you want. I bought the 9 pack. I almost got 2 of them. I live a hour away from their shop. I went by the shop today. I was so excited I even went and rented a PAR meter so I could find my new corals the perfect place in my tank. They came of from the back and handed me a bag with my 10 frags I purchased in it. I seen the paper that they always include showing what you got.
20171201_223958.jpg

There was some good stuff on there. At closer look some good stuff and some not as good stuff but hay it was a grab bag. That is part of the fun. I love Acans. I have 8 different kinds in my tank. I have a zoa garden and I am wanting to have Blasto area. I currently only have two different kinds.

Unfortunately for me I think they picked the best frags as they went. Since most were already shipped I believe I got the leftovers. The picture of the red Zoas looks good. I like zoas. Mine have not opened yet so I don't know what they will look like but by looking at the buds I only got one full size, one half size, and one baby polyp. The picture did not come out good. I think it had to do with how white the plug was threw off the white balance.
20171202_000549.jpg

The Hollywood Stunner Chalice was a standard frag and well as the birds nest. I just notice on the picture of the Chalice something on the top. I hope that is not aptasha I missed.
20171202_000340.jpg
20171202_000346.jpg

The Jingle Bells looked like the plug was cut in half and glued to another plug and is half brown.
20171202_000408.jpg

The one I was the most excited about the AUSSIE LORD>>>;Sorry>>>>> Looks more like a Mirco Lord but I can't tell for sure since there is not a single complete head. I am kind of embarrassed to put it in my Acan garden.
20171202_000334.jpg

They had checked that I got Green clove but it wasn't in the bag. It looked like I got a single Wannabe like they usually get $2 or $3 for on ebay but that is better than a green clove. Those won't go in my tank. They are up there with aptasha in my book. That was all that was on the sheet.
20171202_000403.jpg

Must of been out of the good stuff like the Goldeneye and Hot Pink Chalice and the Echinata so I had to get a write in. Well three write ins. The first one was Daisy Polyps another clove type coral that won't go in my tank.
20171202_000353.jpg

The second write in was Blasto Merletti.

I have never seen blastos so small. I am not sure if it is this type or if these are just babies. I will find out.:)
20171202_000241.jpg

And last write in was Rainbow Platy. It doesn't have the colors like the ones on their website but you never know how it will look when it grows out.
20171202_000350.jpg

I have seen many unboxing from WWC. The corals alway look like the picture. Out of the 9 I got only 3 looked close to their picture to me. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. I learned not to buy a frag pack unless you have an early ship date. I would love to see others who bought frag packs to compare. I am betting than the ones that shipped earlier had some way better frags.
Silver Lining: Just be glad you didn't get GSP....I would have been very upset to see a Frag of GSP! That stuff is NOT welcome in my tank! [emoji23]

Thanks for sharing though...this lets me know to stick to buying WYSIWYG. Sorry you had that experience. [emoji20]

[emoji170] [emoji225]

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry you weren't happy with your frag pack. The photos are not WYSIWYG, so the frags will not look exactly like the pictures on the slip. They are mainly there to help folks ID the type of corals in the pack. Of course these are not the best possible frags we can choose in our facility at less than $10 a frag, but looks like we did include a Rainbow Platy and Bubblegum Pink in your pack, both together total over $100. Just give them some time to settle into your tank, they look a little stressed in the photos. Let them grow out a bit and I'm sure they will impress you. Please send us a PM if you have any issues.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC, just a heads up one of my Acro's is RTN'ing and you'll be getting a PM more than likely Monday.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back