WWC Mindbender Chalice not well

KJa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a WWC Mindbender chalice frag that's not do well. The other chalices I have are doing fine but the Mindbender chalice is slowly wasting away. I've moved it to several different parts of the tank and it still not doing well. I target feed it with the other corals in my tank and I haven't been able to keep the nitrates and phosphate down until recently. my KH is about 9, calcium is 460 ppm, magnesium is 1470 ppm, nitrates and ammonia are very low, and salinity fluctuate between 1.026 and 1.027. I'm running out of ideas to help it thrive. If anybody has experience with this chalice and any ideas why it's not doing please feel free to give me a clue in to what is going on with this coral. BTW i'm using a T5/LED hybrid lighting.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a WWC Mindbender chalice frag that's not do well. The other chalices I have are doing fine but the Mindbender chalice is slowly wasting away. I've moved it to several different parts of the tank and it still not doing well. I target feed it with the other corals in my tank and I haven't been able to keep the nitrates and phosphate down until recently. my KH is about 9, calcium is 460 ppm, magnesium is 1470 ppm, nitrates and ammonia are very low, and salinity fluctuate between 1.026 and 1.027. I'm running out of ideas to help it thrive. If anybody has experience with this chalice and any ideas why it's not doing please feel free to give me a clue in to what is going on with this coral. BTW i'm using a T5/LED hybrid lighting.
Well,
To get the ball rolling:
You should not detect any ammonia.

If your bringing down your phos and or nitrates, then do it very slow. You can shock an entire reef by going too fast.
Seen plenty of great reefs with nitrates at 25 and above.

OP
OP
K

KJa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense. I wasn't trying to shock the tank as much as trying to be a better reefer. Hindsight is always 20/20. Thanks for the help.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%

Back