WWC TimeSplitter 2-Day LIVE SALE! 24 hours, 1200 corals!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to post my coral... if there are any alive when they get here. FedEx was supposed to be here by noon. It's 4 hours later and status is still "In Transit." Hopefully the little guys hold out! I won't be home at all tomorrow either, so FedEx better be here today. :(

Eric Wadle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to post my coral... if there are any alive when they get here. FedEx was supposed to be here by noon. It's 4 hours later and status is still "In Transit." Hopefully the little guys hold out! I won't be home at all tomorrow either, so FedEx better be here today. :(
id call and request to meet the driver somewhere

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM'd you guys. No free frag and several "health" issues upon inspection.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool video. The flame doesn't look stressed. When I've gotten stressed coral through shipping they bleach some, then regain color over a week or so.

talh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id call and request to meet the driver somewhere
They ended up getting here a few minutes after I made the post. Fedex must've been eavesdropping :p.

I am also missing the free frag. Sent pm to @WWC

enveetie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it did look that way in the bag. My water params should be good, it has water from my display tank. I haven't checked it in a couple days but everything was in normal range then. There was no brown slime at all. And I acclimated by floating the bag for about an hour.

Also both zoas and the lepto I ordered came out of the bag completely brown. Is that normal for LPS? Or did something maybe go wrong during shipping? My chalice, gonipora, and cyphastrea look great. I've never ordered coral online before so I wasn't really sure what to expect.

keep in mind the photos you based your purchases on were taken under lighting (actinic/blues), so the coloring shows up where as the same coral out of the bag with no lighting does not "shine" like its glamour shots. take a look at some of the previous pictures ppl posted showing their corals in a bin or during acclimation; they're not colored up either and brown. trust me, especially with the acros, no one was buying brown acros at those prices. ;) which zoas and lepto did you get? im sure u'll notice more coloring once you get it under your lights, assuming you have a lighting set up to showcase coloration.

pappdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine arrived today!
One acro broken :-(
One other frag off the disc

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep in mind the photos you based your purchases on were taken under lighting (actinic/blues), so the coloring shows up where as the same coral out of the bag with no lighting does not "shine" like its glamour shots. take a look at some of the previous pictures ppl posted showing their corals in a bin or during acclimation; they're not colored up either and brown. trust me, especially with the acros, no one was buying brown acros at those prices. ;) which zoas and lepto did you get? im sure u'll notice more coloring once you get it under your lights, assuming you have a lighting set up to showcase coloration.

I'm hoping it's just because of the lighting but I wasn't sure. The zoas are mambas and pink peacocks. I can definitely see how those would looks brown under subpar lighting since they are pink and peach. The lepto is a Van Gogh so should be kinda purplish blue but is kind of a reddish brown right now. It's crazy how much of a difference lights can make. I also got a green litho as my free frag that looks brown. One corner is actually black, it looks burnt.

Eric Wadle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gi
I'm hoping it's just because of the lighting but I wasn't sure. The zoas are mambas and pink peacocks. I can definitely see how those would looks brown under subpar lighting since they are pink and peach. The lepto is a Van Gogh so should be kinda purplish blue but is kind of a reddish brown right now. It's crazy how much of a difference lights can make. I also got a green litho as my free frag that looks brown. One corner is actually black, it looks burnt.
give it some time I'm sure it color up.... if not take pics and contact WWC.. GOOD LUCK

enveetie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i have those mamba zoas from the last sale. they took off and grew quick, and they look AWESOME under my leds

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back