WWC Yellow Tips Acro growth

tangtime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you ever experience that the yellow tips drop off sometimes?

The yellow tips should never drop off! If yours are then something is very wrong.

It’s just the tips are different colors then the body of the coral, it’s all one structure so they can’t just fall off

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you did not get it as WWC Yellow Tip with the lineage, then it is not. You can just call it a "yellow-tip Austera" and leave out the WWC part. The WWC version is not all that special and there are many others that are as nice, or nicer... so not having the WWC name is not a big deal on this one.

Last edited:

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
756C1504-09B7-4EB6-B907-1E14AB2F2674.jpeg
26A89C17-2A48-4E90-AE06-7DB458DA61EF.jpeg
Found your post thought I’d add to the WWC yellow tip growth post pic/color. First photo no flash second photo with flash iPhone. Such an under rated coral. Got this piece from Jason Fox at a trade show about 2yrs ago. It was bigger but I had a tank crash summer 2018 it survived. So happy it survived.

cbellm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful coral unfortunately mine is pale as can be. keep holding out hopes that mine will come back to life. I have a number of SPS I will say this is one of the more finicky for me. I wonder if it's because I have such low nitrates (never detectable) anyone has the same experience?

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is growing a bit strange. The vertical growth is about 4" high. Had a comment that it looks like a rocket launch! :D

HX56oUV.jpg

Uuq0hej.jpg
It totally looks like a rocket launch! That’s awesome! When I was running 150mh it grew long upwright branches like yours. I upgraded to 250mh and the growth is more compact.

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful coral unfortunately mine is pale as can be. keep holding out hopes that mine will come back to life. I have a number of SPS I will say this is one of the more finicky for me. I wonder if it's because I have such low nitrates (never detectable) anyone has the same experience?
Coral frenzy and brightwell restore every night is what I used when my corals where bleaching out when I had low nutrients in the tank.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back