WWC Yellow Tips Acro growth

  • Thread starter Thread starter cplatts32
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cplatts32

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2015
Messages
174
Reaction score
77
Location
Reno, NV
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharing this growth with what's turning out to be one of my favorite acro's. It's a really fast grower for me and has very nice colors (crappy iPhone photo attached)
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1457997396.142421.jpg
 
I also picked up one from wwc. I get no pE on it though it. It has grown some since I got it in their live sale a couple months ago. Do you get PE on your yellow tips?
 
I get nice polyp extension throughout the day; the polyps are a gorgeous blue. Really excited to see this one grow out.

40063621371_95f3ac9b8f_h.jpg
 
Yellow-Tip Austera is a great, underrated coral. It is easy to care for and gets quite impressive as it grows into a colony. It also needs no tricky lights or photoshop to look good - this one looks good in the tank. If introduced today, I would opine that this would be a $500 booger-sized frag for a while. The WWC one is very nice. There is an old-school similar coral called the Westside Tort that gets a bit yellower of a body that is also nice. Neither are expensive and both do well.
 
Do you ever experience that the yellow tips drop off sometimes?
Trying to id this colony,is it wwc yellow tips?
e27188c906282343a210c938f9aa0263.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new