WWC yellow tips frag, no yellow on tips

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bribo12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bribo12

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2020
Messages
593
Reaction score
1,071
Location
Salisbury
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a frag of WWC yellow tips about 3 weeks ago from TSA and when I recieved it it did not have the yellow on the top like it did in the pics. However, the frag was a nice green blue color. It has been basing out well and is starting to grow onto the plug however the tips still are a blueish purple without the yellow. Is it normal for it not to have the yellow until it starts getting outward growth?
 
I had a WWC yellow tip w/ yellow tips. I did a tank move and the yellow tips went away for about six weeks but then came back. I recently fragged a 1" branch and it has maintained its yellow tip, albeit slightly faded.
 
If you are sure that it is a real pieces, then it can take a few months. People have sold knock offs that never get the yellow, but that is not TSA's rep so I would not worry about this... more of a PSA to others reading who got one elsewhere. It does take full spectrum to get the yellow out of the coral - heavy blues all the time with no whites will not do as good of a job.

This is a great coral that looks good in a lot of different conditions in a lot of different tanks.
 
Yeah I figured if it is growing well and has good polyp extension I’ll just give it time. Thanks guys!
 
Maybe recheck all water parameters. The basic stuff. I know not the same but I have a yellow tip albra . My salt was to high ( my fault ) and the yellow disappeared. I corrected the SG to 1.025 and the yellow tips are reappearing . Good luck
 
Old thread, but I recently added a yellow tips, which upon receiving, also didn't have any yellow tips. Took a couple weeks, but the yellow is starting to come back now.
20210205_171938.jpg
20210205_171853.jpg
20210205_171824.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new