WWC yellow tips frag, no yellow on tips

Bribo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a frag of WWC yellow tips about 3 weeks ago from TSA and when I recieved it it did not have the yellow on the top like it did in the pics. However, the frag was a nice green blue color. It has been basing out well and is starting to grow onto the plug however the tips still are a blueish purple without the yellow. Is it normal for it not to have the yellow until it starts getting outward growth?

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a WWC yellow tip w/ yellow tips. I did a tank move and the yellow tips went away for about six weeks but then came back. I recently fragged a 1" branch and it has maintained its yellow tip, albeit slightly faded.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are sure that it is a real pieces, then it can take a few months. People have sold knock offs that never get the yellow, but that is not TSA's rep so I would not worry about this... more of a PSA to others reading who got one elsewhere. It does take full spectrum to get the yellow out of the coral - heavy blues all the time with no whites will not do as good of a job.

This is a great coral that looks good in a lot of different conditions in a lot of different tanks.

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe recheck all water parameters. The basic stuff. I know not the same but I have a yellow tip albra . My salt was to high ( my fault ) and the yellow disappeared. I corrected the SG to 1.025 and the yellow tips are reappearing . Good luck

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread, but I recently added a yellow tips, which upon receiving, also didn't have any yellow tips. Took a couple weeks, but the yellow is starting to come back now.
20210205_171938.jpg
20210205_171853.jpg
20210205_171824.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back