WWIII 200DD

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just starting a tank thread on my 200 gallon deep dimension mixed reef. The tank has been up and running for almost 10 months. I have a basement sump/fish room with a vertex isupra sump and a 40 gallon breeder frag tank. I also have a water mixing station that holds 150 gallons and a 25 gallon ATO tank. Hopefully getting a little something down now will encourage me to update it with my progress, as well as explain some of the initial setup. Here's a few pics of the tank, sump, and water mixing station to get started...

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170130_201908-1600x1200.jpg

20161122_204946-1280x960.jpg

20161108_175055.jpg

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey - love your setup. Needs and update!

Thank you! Really appreciate the shout out! I very much need to update this thread. I think I have enough pictures and good enough memory to start from the beginning and have every intention to do so. If nothing else to have it documented for myself. I got a new laptop recently and this will make it much easier to update! I'm working now to gather my pics from my previous phone and current phone and put them onto my computer.

My wife and I had our 1st baby back in September! Between that and the weather here in Louisville this winter I've had some time at home and I'm hoping I will have a chance very soon to work on this build thread! I've changed around a few things with my setup and waiting on my KH director from GHL as well. Also considering a new, bigger sump at some point. I won the Vertex sump for being a part of the cerebra beta group and helping out there. (A whole other story in itself) haha. While I love the sump, I miss the volume I used to have with my Rubbermaid tanks before.

Again, appreciate the shout out and hopefully I will get my act together and put the build down here on R2R!

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the tank and stand right now as we speak. I'm waiting on the UPS man to drop off a GHL powerbar that I purchased from another reefer here on R2R. I plan on putting my lights and gyres on the extra powerbar for now. Got the PAB cable run, just waiting on big brown!

20180118_102738.jpg

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Really appreciate the shout out! I very much need to update this thread. I think I have enough pictures and good enough memory to start from the beginning and have every intention to do so. If nothing else to have it documented for myself. I got a new laptop recently and this will make it much easier to update! I'm working now to gather my pics from my previous phone and current phone and put them onto my computer.

My wife and I had our 1st baby back in September! Between that and the weather here in Louisville this winter I've had some time at home and I'm hoping I will have a chance very soon to work on this build thread! I've changed around a few things with my setup and waiting on my KH director from GHL as well. Also considering a new, bigger sump at some point. I won the Vertex sump for being a part of the cerebra beta group and helping out there. (A whole other story in itself) haha. While I love the sump, I miss the volume I used to have with my Rubbermaid tanks before.

Again, appreciate the shout out and hopefully I will get my act together and put the build down here on R2R!

Waiting on my GHL KH director as well! I hear you about the sump. In my setup I only had room for the trigger Ruby Cube so I have to be very efficient in how I use the sump. Lots of planning....

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the tank and stand right now as we speak. I'm waiting on the UPS man to drop off a GHL powerbar that I purchased from another reefer here on R2R. I plan on putting my lights and gyres on the extra powerbar for now. Got the PAB cable run, just waiting on big brown!

20180118_102738.jpg

Very cool. Quick question - I see a few Kessils hanging over this tank. Are you using them as your sole source of lighting or are there T5 or other LEDs in your setup? I'm a big Kessil fan but am using them in combination with MH/T5 in my current build. It will be interesting to see how he corals react to the various lights.

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. Quick question - I see a few Kessils hanging over this tank. Are you using them as your sole source of lighting or are there T5 or other LEDs in your setup? I'm a big Kessil fan but am using them in combination with MH/T5 in my current build. It will be interesting to see how he corals react to the various lights.

Yeah I'm using t5s as well. I have a 8 bulb Giesmann fixture behind the 2 kessils. I actually had planned on adding 2 more kessils behind that, but haven't gotten around to it. It's cool having the tank in this nook (previously a wet bar) but access is not the easiest. I can't decide exactly what I want to do with the lighting now, always changing my mind. I love the kessil look, but the t5s grow corals better imo. I'm still going back and forth in my mind on what I want to do exactly. Thought about putting 2 reefbrite xho strips inside of my giesmann fixture as well.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
l love me some shimmer - but my experience is as you said - T5 for growth. Since I couldn't decide I went with a Giesemann Spectra (one bulb MH - 4 T5) and added two Kessil 360WEs - one on each side. Tank isn't live yet but during my leak test I fired up one Kessil with the Spectra and it looked awesome.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressive!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back