WXM for radion XR15?

FishDude25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Last month I started my first reef tank, a 20 long AIO. I currently have an Apex, and I'm planning on getting a radion XR15 to light the tank and eventually get corals. Should I get a WXM to control the XR15?

What can I do with the WXM that I can't do with just programming the XR15 with my laptop and basic Apex outlet control? Once I program the lights I'm going to be pretty set-it-and-forget-it with them.

What additional functionality/control does the WXM bring to the table?

Thanks!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Last month I started my first reef tank, a 20 long AIO. I currently have an Apex, and I'm planning on getting a radion XR15 to light the tank and eventually get corals. Should I get a WXM to control the XR15?

What can I do with the WXM that I can't do with just programming the XR15 with my laptop and basic Apex outlet control? Once I program the lights I'm going to be pretty set-it-and-forget-it with them.

What additional functionality/control does the WXM bring to the table?

Thanks!
If you're going to set it and forget it, I wouldn't bother with the WXM module. The WXM module allows you to control and program the lights through your Apex wirelessly instead of hooking the light up to program it. But if you're setting a schedule and sticking with it, I wouldn't get the module :)

OP
OP
FishDude25

FishDude25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're going to set it and forget it, I wouldn't bother with the WXM module. The WXM module allows you to control and program the lights through your Apex wirelessly instead of hooking the light up to program it. But if you're setting a schedule and sticking with it, I wouldn't get the module :)
Okay, awesome, thanks! [emoji1]

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back