• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WYSIWYG Sopranos No shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirt-nasty-510

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2009
Messages
581
Reaction score
5
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here we go

Putting a couple frags of Sopranos for sale 150.00 a polyp. This is the deal I will not be shipping as I will not guarantee live arrival due to the known natural of the Sopranos. I will not be replacing frags do to shipping. So If you are in Los Angles and will meet me in Murrieta which is about half way from me (located in San Diego).

The source I received these sopranos from purchased 2 polyps from Aquasd when they came out and grew them out. These are the real deal but if you don't think so well I guess you will not need to buy them.

So PM me if you are willing to meet me in Murrieta next Saturday the 30th or if you are close and want to pick up in San Diego no problem we can do it during the week.

Paypal is the only way I will hold a frag so you must send me a 20.00 deposit on the frag and the rest in cash when we meet. If you don't show at the time agreed then the 20.00 stays with me no refund.


If anyone does not think the price is fair or you think these are not sopranos please do not post it on my thread go ahead and PM me.

Frags will be reserved by PM's first not posts then once deposit confirmed frag is off the market pending pick up.

I will post what frags are available tomorrow afternoon once they open. Right now I know I have only a few 1 polyp frags and the reset 3 polyps and above but I will post the count tomorrow.

My pics under my lights I will send you pics of the frag you are getting prior to meeting.
DSC04487.jpg

DSC04486.jpg

DSC04485.jpg

DSC04482.jpg

 
You wouldn't even ship if buyer assumes all responsibility???? I mean the buyer agrees to take the loss if they show up doa. Hmmmmmm
 
I will post how many frags there are later. Also I will post later about shipping I don't want to ship because of the 50% chance of melting at least that is what I hear that is why I am offering to drive 1 hr 30min to meet people who want them.
 
Yes please post about shipping because as long as they are packaged well it will only increase the odds of survival.
 
R2R is flame free! Several post have been removed. Please consider this a final warning for some of you pre-warned folks. If you can't keep from posting negative comments, do not post at all please.
 
If these are indeed not lineaged back to the real deal sopranos please change the name.
 
As stated in the other thread The orginal two polyps from the colony were purchased as sopranos from aquasd in San Diego that what I was told. If you think they are not sopranos then no worries there is no need to purchase them.

Thanks for looking.

Pic of more frags up later.
 
Last edited:
Cesar's a good guy- he's not shipping as of yet because as I understand, he doesn't want to hurt his reputation of being a top-end zoa guy with a notoriously shaky variety that tends to melt during shipping, even under the best of conditions.

As far as lineage-what level is needed? These are from reputable people with the original purchaser buying from AquaSD, which I understand was one of, if not the, originator of the variety. No, i'm in no way a part of this sale nor benefiting from it, but Cesar is a guy I've dealt with numerous times (and dealt with those who have dealt with him) and he's a stand-up guy. He does aim to keep things simple as he's a private party, not a retailer and as such tries to avoid creating some headaches for himself.

So just my $0.02-from all methods he's managed to get a positive ID, he's attempting to get these to people who are interested without risk of damage to the polyps, and he's holding back making money by doing so. That this is considered somehow "shady" is odd.

I for one live five minutes away from him, so I'm going to go check them out and see if I can't coax him into trading for something in my collection :bigsmile:
 
Thanks for getting my back Brian. If you want to swing by please do so and if possiable bring that paly over I have been asking about:) also I am sure we can work out some kind of trade Brian I need to seed these around town just in case mine ever melt.

Like Brian has said I have had many polyps I purchased from local Fish Stores and they melted after days in my tank and also recently strawberry wines I had two sets shipped to me and they melted. That is why I want to avoid any melting for anyone and I am willing to drive 1hr and 30 mins to meet buyers in person.

Cesar's a good guy- he's not shipping as of yet because as I understand, he doesn't want to hurt his reputation of being a top-end zoa guy with a notoriously shaky variety that tends to melt during shipping, even under the best of conditions.

As far as lineage-what level is needed? These are from reputable people with the original purchaser buying from AquaSD, which I understand was one of, if not the, originator of the variety. No, i'm in no way a part of this sale nor benefiting from it, but Cesar is a guy I've dealt with numerous times (and dealt with those who have dealt with him) and he's a stand-up guy. He does aim to keep things simple as he's a private party, not a retailer and as such tries to avoid creating some headaches for himself.

So just my $0.02-from all methods he's managed to get a positive ID, he's attempting to get these to people who are interested without risk of damage to the polyps, and he's holding back making money by doing so. That this is considered somehow "shady" is odd.

I for one live five minutes away from him, so I'm going to go check them out and see if I can't coax him into trading for something in my collection :bigsmile:
 
very very nice looking. sometimes the neg comments on here surprise me, but i guess to each his own. all i wanna say is good luck with the sale, and from all i have heard about you, you are a pretty good darn guy to deal with. polyps look amazing whatever the heck people wanna call em, and i do believe they look like the real deal. good luck homie!
 
Below are the frags I have for sale all have been fragged for 2weeks pm me if you are interested in these frags. Only interested in trade for Bowser paly or if happen to have a nice pair or picasso or snowflake clowns.

Also one frag per board member.

1 Adult polyp 150.00- Pending

1 Adult polyp 150.00- Pending
2 Adult polyps 300.00- SOLD
3 Adult polyps 425.00- SOLD
3 Adult polyps 425.00- SOLD
3 Adult polyps 425.00- Pending

I have lots of pms regarding shipping and right now I am not shipping any out except for 1 order if that goes well and the frag makes the trip then I will ship any frags that remain. I have kept all pms and will go based off the order I received your PM. I understand many of you are willing to take the risk of DOA polyps. As most of you know the reason I don't want to ship is because I cannot replace polyps that die during shipping as these polyps in the past are known for melting and there may only be a 50% chance they make it.

I am still willing to meet in Murrieta next Saturday the 30th for anyone who wants to pick up a frag in person.

Listed below by Pm's received- If you think I missed you please let me know and I will update the list just forward me your sent PM. I have only setup one pickup in Murrieta so if the shipment goes well I will ship more out but there will be no guarantee of live arrival. These are the boardies that were interested at the time if you want a frag please pm me which frag if you do not then let me know so I can remove you from the list (You have 24hrs to let me know). Thanks
Shipping charges
FedEx Overnight 50.00
USPS Express 30.00
They will be boxed and shipped in foam and triple bagged with heat pack if requested.
1. reefpeeper

4. tapout

7. Bongo Shrimp



11. txcowboy22
12. GHOST
13. nycpassat
14. BayCorals
15. reefcandy
16. padova335i
17. Breakin Newz
18. Boboreef
19. Wycombes
20. Gqjeff

- Removed for now
5.korndogg091
6.m'akoyPINOY
2. m and m
3. pciscott
8. ychan
10. Ricordea
Pics of some of the frags from this afternoon

DSC04522.jpg

DSC04521.jpg

DSC04517.jpg

DSC04513.jpg

DSC04512.jpg

DSC04511.jpg

DSC04510.jpg
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new