OP
OP
gonzo620

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s considers sexual reproduction. Males release sperm into the water column. Sperm is taken in by the females. Fertilization occurs internally in the female. The female broods the young internally. Then live birth! @Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s considers sexual reproduction. Males release sperm into the water column. Sperm is taken in by the females. Fertilization occurs internally in the female. The female broods the young internally. Then live birth! @Dark_Knightt
So those are rock flower anemones right? And in those anemones do they have males and females? How can we tell? I thought nems just split, but that may be because I only have a BTA. But wow live birth in invertebrates is pretty darn cool.;Bookworm

OP
OP
gonzo620

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they are rock flower anemones. No way to tell sex till this happens. Rocks are male or female. I’ve never heard of a successful split / fraging of a rock anemone. Also thing to BTA can also reproduce sexually. I’ve had my rose BTA spawn as well in the past. Clouded up the tank. @Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they are rock flower anemones. No way to tell sex till this happens. Rocks are male or female. I’ve never heard of a successful split / fraging of a rock anemone. Also thing to BTA can also reproduce sexually. I’ve had my rose BTA spawn as well in the past. Clouded up the tank. @Dark_Knightt
thats super impressive of the nems and just awesome. dang nature is cool

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back