XENIA Dying

PsychoLamb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’m a newer hobbyist when it comes to saltwater tanks and about two weeks ago I got my first coral. It is a pulsing Xenia and for the first few days I had it it was beautiful. However I noticed it began to shrivel up day by day till I noticed aptasia growing around and on it. I got a peppermint shrimp today but I just want to ask if anyone has any other tips, because if it’s not the aptasias fault for my coral dying then I don’t know what is. I do regular water changes and my water perimeters are near perfect. Please someone help.

C6C5B34B-2238-48C7-994E-F9F7DDBA8933.jpeg

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you were on the site today. Since you are a new member, I just want to let you know that when you ask for help and someone gives it to you then you need to reply, say thanks, give a thumbs up, or something else to let them know you saw it. Otherwise it's rude.

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A little aggressive. He’s new around here, we can cut him some slack.

OP. Honestly, if you stick in the hobby long enough, you will be so glad the Xenia died. It is a weed, it grows everywhere and can take over a tank in no time. Hopefully the Peppermint shrimp handle the aiptasia, otherwise try some Berghia. You’ll want to eradicate the aiptasia before it takes over too.

OP
OP
P

PsychoLamb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little aggressive. He’s new around here, we can cut him some slack.

OP. Honestly, if you stick in the hobby long enough, you will be so glad the Xenia died. It is a weed, it grows everywhere and can take over a tank in no time. Hopefully the Peppermint shrimp handle the aiptasia, otherwise try some Berghia. You’ll want to eradicate the aiptasia before it takes over too.
Oh thank you so much. I had to take it out but my tank is doing much better now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back