XENIA Dying

PsychoLamb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
07067
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’m a newer hobbyist when it comes to saltwater tanks and about two weeks ago I got my first coral. It is a pulsing Xenia and for the first few days I had it it was beautiful. However I noticed it began to shrivel up day by day till I noticed aptasia growing around and on it. I got a peppermint shrimp today but I just want to ask if anyone has any other tips, because if it’s not the aptasias fault for my coral dying then I don’t know what is. I do regular water changes and my water perimeters are near perfect. Please someone help.

C6C5B34B-2238-48C7-994E-F9F7DDBA8933.jpeg
 
I see you were on the site today. Since you are a new member, I just want to let you know that when you ask for help and someone gives it to you then you need to reply, say thanks, give a thumbs up, or something else to let them know you saw it. Otherwise it's rude.
 
A little aggressive. He’s new around here, we can cut him some slack.

OP. Honestly, if you stick in the hobby long enough, you will be so glad the Xenia died. It is a weed, it grows everywhere and can take over a tank in no time. Hopefully the Peppermint shrimp handle the aiptasia, otherwise try some Berghia. You’ll want to eradicate the aiptasia before it takes over too.
 
A little aggressive. He’s new around here, we can cut him some slack.

OP. Honestly, if you stick in the hobby long enough, you will be so glad the Xenia died. It is a weed, it grows everywhere and can take over a tank in no time. Hopefully the Peppermint shrimp handle the aiptasia, otherwise try some Berghia. You’ll want to eradicate the aiptasia before it takes over too.
Oh thank you so much. I had to take it out but my tank is doing much better now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new