Xenia melting and Kenya trees closed

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the title says a lot but I’ll say more, leather corals won’t open up , Kenya tree is welted like spinach after being cooked , and Xenia melting is faster than ice in this weather. Tested phosphate and seem like it doesn’t even show up on a the tester. GPS is doing fine and Duncan is too but gonipora is struggling which kinda makes me question if phosphate is the reason. Tested alk, and everything else and came back normal?
Please throw any suggestion

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the title says a lot but I’ll say more, leather corals won’t open up , Kenya tree is welted like spinach after being cooked , and Xenia melting is faster than ice in this weather. Tested phosphate and seem like it doesn’t even show up on a the tester. GPS is doing fine and Duncan is too but gonipora is struggling which kinda makes me question if phosphate is the reason. Tested alk, and everything else and came back normal?
Please throw any suggestion
Check your alk. You might have very high alk.
What are you full paramaters?
What test kits?
System age?
System filtration?
System pictures pls

Last edited:
OP
OP
peterthegamer

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had gotten alk tester at two LFS , which they confirmed was at normal levels. After learning about low the phosphate was I had removed my GFO. And for filtration I use a HOB

JustAnotherNanoTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t mean this to be rude but definitely start doing all your own testing. It’s great to compare with what the stores tell you. How recently did you remove the gfo? Does it almost seem like since you made changes after discovering that the phosphates were low that this started to happen? Or was this already happening when you removed it?

OP
OP
peterthegamer

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have most test at homes such phosphate , nitrates etc but did not have alk so I had to ask stores to do those for me. I had saw the Xenia and stuff struggling so had tested water , which gave me my result. As a result I had removed the GFO

OP
OP
peterthegamer

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only guess is that maybe TDS , but I’ve even sourced other water such as my LFS instead of my own RODI, so I was not too sure.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%

Back