Xenia Not Pulsing/Opening

cameronh21

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
36
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pulsing Xenia has not opened or pulsed in about 2 weeks and I am a bit concerned since it was doing so well before.
2 things changed:
I did not do a water change in 5 months prior to two weeks ago so maybe the change in dirty water to clean water.
Also prior to the water change my salinity was always 1.025 and it has been 1.026 since then but now today I got it back to 1.025.
Also I don’t know my levels as my reef tank is on a very tight budget.
Do you think these things could be the reasons? If not what can be done about this? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

53E5EF3D-EF6B-495A-8FCB-F5972F68ADD8.jpeg
 
You should start by testing your parameters.
Macros first. Alk cal mag. Could have been from a sudden swing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new