xenia on rock removal

  • Thread starter Thread starter Erak82
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Erak82

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2014
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have xenia on some of my rock. im going to remove those rocks with the xenia. What would be the best to remove from rock then back to my tank?
Bleach? Scrub?
 
If the base is accessible you can leave the rock in. I use a shortened wooden skewer ( like for grilling ) and pry the base off the rocks. I've also clipped as close to the base as possible and then scrubbed the area with a metal detailing brush. Make sure you run some carbon afterwards. Taking the rock out and bleaching does work too.
 
I use a razor blade on the rock out of the water and try to remove as much of the base as possible. Beware, it's stinky! :)
 
Hydrogen peroxide on any 'leftovers" remaining after removing the stalk seems to work very well. Just apply with syringe full strength to any problem areas.
 
Just covet the Xenia and it'll be gone in a blink of the eye.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new