xepta autobalace and abex

meinekebob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know coralvue has been busy with the hydros, but have they given up on the autobalance and abex?

ScoobyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought they were going to be US distributors?
Reviews are overall great on the xepta both english and spanish. I cannot find a U.S retailer. This thing for around 440 U.S dollars for what it does is a steal compared to similar automated testers.

OP
OP
M

meinekebob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wish it would come to the us. Now is that for there alkalinity machine, or the one that tests nitrate, mg like the ghl one.

ScoobyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wish it would come to the us. Now is that for there alkalinity machine, or the one that tests nitrate, mg like the ghl one.
They have 2 now. The xepta auto balance which test alk and the abex.

"the Xepta autoBalance automatic measurement system that incorporates in this equipment the ability to measure calcium, magnesium, potassium, nitrate and sodium automatically. It is not a standalone equipment, it requires the Xepta autoBalance unit for its operation"

nvcheeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their website Xeptacoralfarm.com is very slow loading, contact message system doesn’t seem to be working and if you create an account it seems that it only excepts Spain as your country of residence. At least that was my experience. So not able to find out a shipping cost.

Other websites that carry the AutoBalance seem not to have stock and similar website glitches. One retailer did confirm that Xepta is having difficulty sourcing supplies to build the unit due to COVID. He says that they are now building them in batches of 10 units when they have the supplies.

I think things may be on hold with CoralVue until Xepta is able to get up to speed with production.
I'm in Aus and i did find company and they did respond said the new stuff be ready november there website is intelligentreef.com Try them. I dont know if Coralvue went a different direction as there big on the focustronic stuff now. Really want to try one out but i need to know what reagent autobalance uses as it be pain shipping to Aus for 1L regeant.

nvcheeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
m using an iPad but I don’t imagine that there are very many sites that are not compatible. Anyway “the guy” associated with intelligentreef.com is also on eBay. The ad there shows 10 units a
Actually that was one of the websites that I checked out. No matter when I tried to contact them, it said to try again later. I am using an iPad but I don’t imagine that there are very many sites that are not compatible. Anyway “the guy” associated with intelligentreef.com is also on eBay. The ad there shows 10 units available for sale when he apparently has none. If you called me cynical, I could not argue.... but ..... I am just not getting a good feeling about any of this. Have you tried ordering anything from them? If so, how did that go? I did ask if the units that he is selling come with the 25 litres of additives as the starter pack from Xeptacoralfarm indicates. So far no response. Please do read the advertisement there and give me your take. Maybe I’ve misread or misunderstood something. 25 litres of the three additives would have considerable size and weight. We would be talking about five gallons.
Yes i think hes only one that has ever replied but took few weeks, As i there is no local support im hesident to go with someone as i will stuggle to get support, I actually have Dosetronic but then thought i woud get the alkatronic, But its just to damm expenisive. i think there is only going to more people come out with this i wouldnt be supprised if Red sea arnt working on something as they have just released doser and looks like there wanting to build ecosystem.

nvcheeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.newwaveaquatics.co.uk/ was another site advertising stock, posted September second. I tried contacting them, again, no response. So far I have not found any one with stock, nor approaching ScoobyFish’s $440.00 U.S. suggested price tag. $600.00 U.S. is the lowest price that I have been able to find so far. Post up if you find it for less. It shouldn’t be this hard to spend my money.
Yes i know right

Asthix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it for 6 month now approximately (FR), the device is accurate(only used for test).

Few things to note:
-Only measurements value are displayed remotely, you can't adjust dosing or do anything on the device.
-Every now and then, it gets in error, you got NO push notification(so the only way to see is to connect and see it on the app/red light on the device but mine is in an enclosure), and it STOPS dosing!!!

The consumption of reagent is incredibly high, out of 1 liters and 3 test a day, I barely made past 1 and a half month(KH of 9).

At the end I'm pretty disappointed, fortunately I'm not using it to dose as it can suddenly stop dosing which is a big no.

At the end I'm only using it to test but since it got so much in error(once a week), I can't even trust it when I'm not at home.

Asthix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to hear that it is not working out for you. Have you been in contact with the manufacturer? Are they suggesting anything to try and adjust or reset? Will they repair, replace or refund the purchase cost? Reliability has got to be #1 or #2 on the list. I suspect those that own a reliable machine that only does one thing, may wish that it did more and may take for granted that their device is reliable and can be trusted month after month, year after year. I am very interested to hear how well / poorly Xepta handles warranty and troubleshooting. Please keep us informed.
The only answer they ever gave is :
Factory reset

Which I did multiple times already and done, nothing after that.
In any case for the device that stop with no push notifications, what can you do about it?
It's the way they thought and developed the app so, maybe in the future they will have somme kind of fracture but it should be mandatory when delivered.

Back