XL Frag disk needed

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2016
Messages
2,135
Reaction score
3,118
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a Chalice overgrowing a 3" disk and needs a bigger home. Does anyone know where I can find a ceramic square or disk in the 6" range?
 
I don’t think anyone makes 6” frag disks/plugs. Largest I’ve seen is 4”
 
why not frag it up?
I could but I mostly grew it out to sell and learn from. Trying to upgrade my system
5D7DE5E0-CC36-4C80-836A-96169B7224BF.jpeg 1561101D-6030-4B09-BFCC-1322B748C131.jpeg
 
I could but I mostly grew it out to sell and learn from. Trying to upgrade my system
5D7DE5E0-CC36-4C80-836A-96169B7224BF.jpeg 1561101D-6030-4B09-BFCC-1322B748C131.jpeg

What if you arrange other frag tiles under the main tile. That way will allow it to grow, but you could easily separate from the mother colony if you ever want/need to.
 
What if you arrange other frag tiles under the main tile. That way will allow it to grow, but you could easily separate from the mother colony if you ever want/need to.
I like this idea or some form of it. Now I wonder how hard the skeleton is for a chalice like this. I have hand cutting tools and dremel tool but no wet or powered saw.

Can you trim a chalice with blade or dremel?

I was also thinking of getting a 6" Tile, cutting a 3" hole in it (place this colony in the middle) and allowing the chalice to grow out smoothly onto the new 6" Tile. Then I would have any extra growth to keep that grew onto the new 6" tile (still selling the mother on the 3"disk). I think that's the plan, we'll see....
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new