OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get used to the only 15 photos per post rule. I keep trying to add well over 15. At age 24, I should know how to count. You would assume that at least.

Some SPS frags.

DSC01389-1.jpg

DSC01398-1.jpg

DSC01399.jpg

DSC01401-1.jpg

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to get rid of the fuge a few weeks ago. I had GHA growing all over my skimmer, baffles, return pump, and plumbing. I had to keep cleaning it out every week. I said screw it, took the fuge out and filled the section with about 25lbs of LR that I took out of my frag tank sump. I will post more photos tonight. There has been a lot of growth chalice wise since the photos above.

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got in my modded impeller and extended cup from luke and will be cleaning the skimmer and installing those goodies today. I also picked up foam mats that I saw another person was using to put under their sump to protect the stand and help stop vibrations. I really liked the idea, so while im in the stand I will be adding the foam pads. Photos to come later today.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup! I love the selection of lps you have there. I was a die hard sps junky until last year. lps are my favorite especially the acans and you have some nice ones. I love the blue dot clam, where did you get it?

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup! I love the selection of lps you have there. I was a die hard sps junky until last year. lps are my favorite especially the acans and you have some nice ones. I love the blue dot clam, where did you get it?

I love a lot of LPS corals. I am slowly moving the top half o fmy tank over to SPS. Thank you for the kind words. I love that clam as well.

I snagged it from work (streetside homereef and pets) last summer. I had been wanting a squamosa and when that one came in it immediately went in the back.

Last edited:

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add one more clam to my tank when the 220 is up and it's gonna be a blue dot squammy no matter how long I have to wait to find a nice one..lol. I have been looking into the tube anemone also they look like they have built in lighting.

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add one more clam to my tank when the 220 is up and it's gonna be a blue dot squammy no matter how long I have to wait to find a nice one..lol. I have been looking into the tube anemone also they look like they have built in lighting.

I have read the squamosas with blue in them are rarer. IDK if that is true, but I have yet to see another one with blue in it come in to the store. I love my tube nem. As long as you feed it atleast once a week, they do well. Very bright, but have a bit of a sting to them so LPS don't lke em to much.

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just found this thread
very nice set up i like watching tank progression pics
you have some really nice pieces in there, and they all look happy and healthy

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just found this thread
very nice set up i like watching tank progression pics
you have some really nice pieces in there, and they all look happy and healthy

Thank you. I started off with the more common stuff in my 29G and 50G. As I got more in to the hobby I found corals not available locally and have been slowly getting rid of pieces I used to like for pieces I love.

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are some photos of the Extended 160 Cone Cup from Luke.

It doesn't look much taller from the front.
DSC01425.jpg

It does from the top though.
DSC01426.jpg

Here is a photo that shows the extra 1" or so of skimmer reaction chamber added by the extended cup.
DSC01427.jpg

I also installed the impeller I got from him. It was a PITA to attach the new impeller to the magnet. My channel locks were not big enough to install the impeller nicely. I had to use a light weight hammer and tap it in. The skimmer is much quieter and there seems to be more bubbles in the reaction chamber as well.

Last edited:

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow i love the setup, and i like how you mounted the cap on the back.. id love to do that in my 29g but i think it would eventually take up alot of my light..

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man just saw some of your updated tank pictures. Love the acros and acans!! FTS shots look great too.

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow i love the setup, and i like how you mounted the cap on the back.. id love to do that in my 29g but i think it would eventually take up alot of my light..

I thought it was going to be a good idea, but I am now regretting it. It looks really cool, but I keep busting pieces off by accident and I ever have to move the tank I will have to dremel the crap off the overflow. Only practical if you don't plan on moving for a long time.

Hey man just saw some of your updated tank pictures. Love the acros and acans!! FTS shots look great too.

Thank you.

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It only took 4 hours, but I finally finished installing the foam pad under sump. I figured I might as well do a big H2O change while I was at it. I wound up losing a few gallons to the floor. :(

Also used the sump removal as an excuse to clean my return pump, change the media in my reactor, and clean up the wiring a bit.

Pics will be added later tonight. I need a nap.

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After about 48 hours the skimmer is still running quietly and seems to be pulling out more gunk than before. This could be due to either my old mesh impeller needing to be replaced or the modded impeller being that superior.

I will have more photos posted tomorrow night, maybe tonight if I get less lazy.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After about 48 hours the skimmer is still running quietly and seems to be pulling out more gunk than before. This could be due to either my old mesh impeller needing to be replaced or the modded impeller being that superior.

I will have more photos posted tomorrow night, maybe tonight if I get less lazy.

Glad the new impeller is working out. I cant wait to get my swc this week. Looking forward to the new pics!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back