Xmetal's 75G AGA

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got it, the hammer was shaped like a questionmark and I called it the riddler hammer. I wish my camera was able to capture its true colors. it is pink and blue.

Yeah i love my hammer too...its the branching kind and has some great color...little easier to frag since its branching too

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is still a pretty good debate on wether zoanthids actually feed from the water column or not. I used to use DT's phyto and found it caused me nothing but headaches.

some of my bigger polyps enjoy meaty foods, and smaller ones not so much..

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some of my bigger polyps enjoy meaty foods, and smaller ones not so much..

I know palys will eat small mysis. I feed my palys every so often and watch them take off for a week. It is fun to see how much new growth you can get from palys with a small random feeding. They really don't need much to grow.

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the girlfriend isn't super mad at me anymore and decided to take some photos of the tank.

Zoas and palys:
DSC02409.jpg

DSC02410.jpg

DSC02411.jpg

DSC02428.jpg

DSC02429.jpg

Fish:
DSC02430.jpg

DSC02429.jpg

DSC02422.jpg

DSC02425.jpg

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that tube anemone looks sweet.

Yea, he is probably one of the brightest things in my tank. The pink/orange really stands out, but the green center POPS. it looks as though I have nothing but blue lights on even when just the 14K bulbs are. If you don't mind feeding them once a week, get one.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive zoa gardens. Do you have an id on any of the morphs in the second pic from the top? There are a lot of morphs in there.

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive zoa gardens. Do you have an id on any of the morphs in the second pic from the top? There are a lot of morphs in there.

The only ones that I know of for sure are lunar eclipse. Atleast that is what the ebay seller sold them as along with "black lunar eclipse moprh". Honestly, all I know is they are very pretty. I have never payed attention to names.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only ones that I know of for sure are lunar eclipse. Atleast that is what the ebay seller sold them as along with "black lunar eclipse moprh". Honestly, all I know is they are very pretty. I have never payed attention to names.

Well as long as you like them and dont care about trade value then names are irrelevant.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is actually some sort of fairy wrasse that I bought from...petco...it was $14.99 so I had to try it out.

Nice deal on a colorful fish!!

I use to have lunars...they are nice looking. The mountain of zoas is very impressive indeed!!

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice deal on a colorful fish!!

I use to have lunars...they are nice looking. The mountain of zoas is very impressive indeed!!

That mountain started out as just a few heads of each type. It took a while, but eventually filled in and turned in to what it is now.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That mountain started out as just a few heads of each type. It took a while, but eventually filled in and turned in to what it is now.

I think i remeber you saying this build was about a year ago....if so that is some great growth in under a year!

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup xmetal! Really nice hammer colony. I have one about the size of a softball. How many heads do you think you have?

Thank you very much

The branching hammer I have is about 10 heads. The wall hammer in the sand is one large head that has grown a lot since I added it about a month ago. The wall hammer is about 8" long wrapped in to the shape of a horseshoe with a little ball sticking out on one side.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.5%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 99 49.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back