XR15 G4 pro LED burnt out

  • Thread starter Thread starter ESH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2018
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
1,358
Location
IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, while inspecting some lights I found one of my XR15 G4 pros was not lit up. Inspecting it further, I found I was able to reset the light and get it to turn back on, however 2 of the LEDs appear burnt out. Hard to tell if they are still emitting light, appears they might be though severely diminished or simply reflections from the other LEDs . Is this something that can easily be repaired? If so, what do I need to do?

881B6677-B786-47BE-BAF2-75D899CFF92B.jpeg
Thank you!
-Eric
 
Hello Eric,

I am wondering if you were able to find any answers to the issue you found here. I have two lights that have the same problem, with the same LEDs/fixture. The fixture on one will light up for a second, but then shuts off and flashes the buttons red/blue. It would be nice to know which LEDs these are to replace them. Probably going to need a new optic though since the LEDs got hot enough to melt the reflector. Looks like yours did the same.

Let you know what I found in case you still have the light/ have the ability to change them out.

-Chancey
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new