XR15 Mixing Pro and Blue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just made a mistake and ordered a XR15 from eBay without reading the title properly, I have 2 x gen 5 blues but one has failed so I bought another but it turns out its a pro and not a blue. Will I be able to get these to look the same or are they going to look terrible together on a 4ft tank?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just made a mistake and ordered a XR15 from eBay without reading the title properly, I have 2 x gen 5 blues but one has failed so I bought another but it turns out its a pro and not a blue. Will I be able to get these to look the same or are they going to look terrible together on a 4ft tank?
Well, if you're using standard spectrums from the app, you can get close. For instance AB+ with blues look similar to AB+ on pros, but because they have different led bundles it's going to be hard to get them to look the same.

I guess it depends on how picky you are as well. Perhaps your eyes won't notice a huge difference.

OP
OP
M

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if you're using standard spectrums from the app, you can get close. For instance AB+ with blues look similar to AB+ on pros, but because they have different led bundles it's going to be hard to get them to look the same.

I guess it depends on how picky you are as well. Perhaps your eyes won't notice a huge difference.
Thanks for that. I will have to give it a go when it arrives, if I cant get it looking the same I will have to sell it on

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
for a 4' tank you would need at least 3 xr15 units. so I would put pro in the center, and the blues on the outside.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 on my 8’ tank alternating between the 2. The colors blend. Can’t see a difference. And I like the extra punch you get with the blues.

OP
OP
M

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 on my 8’ tank alternating between the 2. The colors blend. Can’t see a difference. And I like the extra punch you get with the blues.
I must admit I prefer the blues, hopefully I can get them similar

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must admit I prefer the blues, hopefully I can get them similar
You can get the spectrum similar to the eye but the intensity will be way different and par won’t be close on a pro vs blue if you’re running ab+ or a similar blue program. The pros are mostly white leds..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back