XR15 Mounting orientation question

  • Thread starter Thread starter EEE1986
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EEE1986

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2024
Messages
101
Reaction score
32
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R,
I have been considering mounting an XR15 on my Fluval EVO. A friend offered me a good deal but before I commit I was wondering whether I would be able to mount it in a way where the light is parallel with the length of the tank using the RMS mounting bracket system? All the pictures and videos online show the light mounted in perpendicular fashion to the arm of the bracket so I was wondering whether I could just turn it 90 degrees so it will fit better with my tank. With the tank lid the only place I can put the bracket would be over the back chambers which is why this is important.
 
Hello R2R,
I have been considering mounting an XR15 on my Fluval EVO. A friend offered me a good deal but before I commit I was wondering whether I would be able to mount it in a way where the light is parallel with the length of the tank using the RMS mounting bracket system? All the pictures and videos online show the light mounted in perpendicular fashion to the arm of the bracket so I was wondering whether I could just turn it 90 degrees so it will fit better with my tank. With the tank lid the only place I can put the bracket would be over the back chambers which is why this is important.
The mounting pattern on the light is symmetrical. So you can mount it either way. There only downfall is one way the buttons are hard to get to but you don't need them unless your going to reset the light. You can do everything from Mobius.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new