xr15 or xr30

Darwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer 170 in the works. Aiming towards mixed reef but down the road it'll be sps heavy. I currently have a xr15 g5 for it and was going to add the reefbrite addon. Light to sand bed would be around 2 ft. Would the spread from the reefbrites be enough or buy once and cry once on the xr30 which will also get the reefbrite addon. Don't want to run the xr15 really high to be suffice for sandbed corals, not sure if itll have ill affects on the light itself. Thanks in advance

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer 170 in the works. Aiming towards mixed reef but down the road it'll be sps heavy. I currently have a xr15 g5 for it and was going to add the reefbrite addon. Light to sand bed would be around 2 ft. Would the spread from the reefbrites be enough or buy once and cry once on the xr30 which will also get the reefbrite addon. Don't want to run the xr15 really high to be suffice for sandbed corals, not sure if itll have ill affects on the light itself. Thanks in advance
I run 2 xr15s on my reefer 250and I am happy with spread and light. No shadowing. My tank is 36” wife if that helps....? I’d think 1more XR15 for you would be sufficient. But if you plan to do the reefbrite add on the. 1 xr30 would probably handle it. I just don’t know the dimensions of your tank but BRS did a video on spread for both and said about 12” from each side so a little over 24” is good for the spread on the 30. I believe the XR15 was roughly the same, or just a little less.

OP
OP
Darwin

Darwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 xr15s on my reefer 250and I am happy with spread and light. No shadowing. My tank is 36” wife if that helps....? I’d think 1more XR15 for you would be sufficient. But if you plan to do the reefbrite add on the. 1 xr30 would probably handle it. I just don’t know the dimensions of your tank but BRS did a video on spread for both and said about 12” from each side so a little over 24” is good for the spread on the 30. I believe the XR15 was roughly the same, or just a little less.
tank is 24x20x19.

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank is 24x20x19.
I think radion or brs has a spec sheet that discusses how many lights you’d need. But depending on what types of corals your keeping 1 XR30 would cover the tank. If you wanted sps I’d probably go 2xr 15s to help spread it out.

Back