XR15 Pro Program—Need Feedback

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Looking for thoughts on my program? Single XR15 Pro G4 over a reefer 170 (24.5x20x20inch). Standard RMS height of 8” above the water. Running AB+ with slightly modified ramp but the main photoperiod has not been adjusted. I’m a bit confused by the point brightness setting of 80%, the overall brightness at 80%, and the point intensity of 55%. Looking to have mixed reef with SPS at the top. Would the 55% be good? I have a mix of shrooms, lps, and a birds nest coming today. Thanks!
7BA72C2A-5AA9-43B1-9A6E-5FE91B170495.jpeg

karamreef117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was as well confused when started out with the intensity and the percent. It is a weird though and I wish I could explain but I do not want to tell you soemhign that is not correct. I would start around 45% if you just installed them just so corals can understand what is going on. Then after that time period has passed build on top of what you started. If corals start to whiten up increase the intensity and see how they react. It is all about figuring out the sweet spot. You have a great program dont make it complicated like other programs are.

karamreef117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals will do just fine at 45% but keep an eye out for a week or two see how they do. If they do not open up and aren't happy which you will know right away then increase the percent. Starting low is good so you dont go up and down in the percent.

OP
OP
FortLivingRoom

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was as well confused when started out with the intensity and the percent. It is a weird though and I wish I could explain but I do not want to tell you soemhign that is not correct. I would start around 45% if you just installed them just so corals can understand what is going on. Then after that time period has passed build on top of what you started. If corals start to whiten up increase the intensity and see how they react. It is all about figuring out the sweet spot. You have a great program dont make it complicated like other programs are.
Thanks! So I would adjust the gray slider for just the main photoperiod to 45%? When I previously tried to adjust the overall brightness (yellow slider?) It seems like all the other points get really messed up and don't adjust appropriately.

OP
OP
FortLivingRoom

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals will do just fine at 45% but keep an eye out for a week or two see how they do. If they do not open up and aren't happy which you will know right away then increase the percent. Starting low is good so you dont go up and down in the percent.
Or are you saying to adjust it so the point intensity is at 45%?

karamreef117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one that's at 80% move it down to 45% for now. If it screws up and it doesn't adjust properly then you can manually adjust it and make it look like it was before. I hope that makes sense. Heres mine and this was once I found the sweet spot and once the corals where acclimated to the light I had this on a 10 gallon.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 11.50.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 11.50.14 AM.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
FortLivingRoom

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one that's at 80% move it down to 45% for now. If it screws up and it doesn't adjust properly then you can manually adjust it and make it look like it was before. I hope that makes sense. Heres mine and this was once I found the sweet spot and once the corals where acclimated to the light I had this on a 10 gallon.
Thanks! Can I ask, when you over a point during your main photoperiod what that intensity is?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.1%
Back