XR30 gen3

  • Thread starter Thread starter StanD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

StanD

-- zoa junkie --
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
267
Reaction score
26
Location
Corona, CA
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
I purchased a used xr30 gen3 and was told it was a pro model. However, when I programmed the unit online it shows as a regular gen3.

Question: If the pucks were upgraded to pro, would a gen3 show up on your online app as a pro? I know for a fact the lens were changed to wide angle. Thanks.
 
I believe the only way you can tell is by counting the amount of LEDs. The non pro has 38 LEDS and the Pro has 42 LEDS.
 
yeah when I upgraded my gen 2 to gen 3 (non pro) it still shows as a gen 2 in the software
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new