Y connector on alk dosing line

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kraig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kraig

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2021
Messages
546
Reaction score
1,642
Location
St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am getting a little deposit build-up on the end of my ALK dosing line (Seachem Part B). I've seen suggestion for having the ATO line flush the end of the tube.

I was thinking about putting in a Y connector for alk line, ATO lin so they both exit the same tubing into the sump. Has anyone else done this? I'm wondering if this is a viable option or if I might end up having some other issue, maybe ALK build-up at the Y connector.

Thanks!
 
So I am getting a little deposit build-up on the end of my ALK dosing line (Seachem Part B). I've seen suggestion for having the ATO line flush the end of the tube.

I was thinking about putting in a Y connector for alk line, ATO lin so they both exit the same tubing into the sump. Has anyone else done this? I'm wondering if this is a viable option or if I might end up having some other issue, maybe ALK build-up at the Y connector.

Thanks!
I have not done this but I like the idea...a lot!!! My alk dosing line has clogged numerous times and caused water in my cabinet.

As far as teh alk build up at the connector..as I am running an avast marine Kalk reactor, I would place the y connector at the top of the 1/2 inch tube. I am not flowing enough kalk through the system to ever have the chance that the kalk even touches the connector..plus I would think that the RODI running through would be flushing it out regularly making the blockage a non event.
 
Haven't done that but I did set my ato line to dump water across my alk line, which also resolved the issue for me.
 
Haven't done that but I did set my ato line to dump water across my alk line, which also resolved the issue for me.
Yeah, thats what I’ve read as a solution and I might do. I’m wondering if having a section of the alk tubing rinsed out might throw off the dosing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new