Ya got's to be quick!

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure hope this was an oversight and they do the right thing and refund your money or maybe your clam is still there. Everyone is entitled to make a mistake. It's how they handle it after the fact that separates the best from the rest. I've had nothing but good experiences with LA and I sure hope that isn't changing.

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I am sure they will do everything they can to make it right, that's just how they roll. The thing is that I really really want that clam!

redhanded

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do clams need to color up?

Sucks to hear that. Maybe they look different under different lights? I got a few that looks really blue/purple under my leds, but in a more 14k enviroment, they are a lot "browner"

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awww that sux. I am sorry I know how excited you must of been as you were opening the package.
Keep us posted on the outcome

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do clams need to color up?

Sucks to hear that. Maybe they look different under different lights? I got a few that looks really blue/purple under my leds, but in a more 14k enviroment, they are a lot "browner"

Some clams will shift colors ever so slightly, but it is all dependent of the lights.

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is the deal. I skipped right ahead on this one and went right to the top man on the totem pole at Live Aquaria. I wasn't worried about them making it right and the surely are doing so.

What happened is when the WYSIWYG photo's were taken two of the photo's were mislabeled. Just so happens that my clam was one of them. So long story short is I got someone else's clam and they got mine.

Live Aquaria assures me that they contacted their collector over seas and he is shipping another clam with the same color pattern for me next week. I get to keep this clam that came today and I get another clam of my choice for free.

Live Aquaria's customer service is second to none and this is one of those cases where they really shine.

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that sucks in an awesome way. I hope you get a great cherry pick out of it. Gotta give credit to the LA crew. They do have some of the best service in the business.

redhanded

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome to hear that they took care of you! So if the shipping got mixed up, did they have an actualy picture/post for the clam you received? If the clam you received was posted up, I wonder if it was a true WYSIWYG showing more of a brown color?

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't remember seeing a pic of the clam I got but then again it isn't that appealing to me so even if they did post one I didn't look at it.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome man good to hear cherry pick one for me too and pm me about some details you rascal that stole the wrong clam from me haha ;-)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back