YA40BBTBA (Yet Another 40 Breeder Build Thread - but Aquaforest!)

Dabbled with the D810 and f/2.8 105mm macro. Need to experiment more with settings/methods -- not super thrilled with the sharpness. I have a feeling, though, that I'll either need to focus stack or buy a longer macro as I had to stop down pretty far (way beyond the lens' sweet spot) to get the DoF I was going for.

I still need to figure out ideal white balance, too.

Jedi Mind Trick monti:

Jedi Mind Trick.jpg




Looney Tunes Stylocoeniella
Looney Tunes Stylo.jpg




Unknown Acropora (was marked "misc" at TSA)
Misc Acro.jpg



If anyone can ID the acro, I'd appreciate it!

Edit: Just realized I've been shooting in jpeg. Changing back to RAW might help :)
 
Last edited:
Posted this in the photography forum, but I should probably include it here, too.

Aquaman monti
Aquaman_Montipora.jpg



I've since moved this frag and managed to smother a corner with superglue
Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef
 
Tank is looking good. Coming from another person on the space coast. Up north tho in Port St. John. What store do you shop at down there?

Nahacky’s and Mad Reefer are the 2 options down here.

Mad reefer has cheap frags - starting at $5, and $5 increments up to $50 or so.
 
Nahacky’s and Mad Reefer are the 2 options down here.

Mad reefer has cheap frags - starting at $5, and $5 increments up to $50 or so.
Madreefer is usually the one I drive to. John knows a bunch of stuff and will
Give out deals like crazy. Lol
 
Overall -- This has been, by far, the easiest tank I’ve ever maintained. ... I’ve had a bit of cyano on the sand, but nothing that doesn’t disappear with a quick stir. And by typing this, I'm sure my tank will look like this next week:
oops.jpg

I knew this post would come back to haunt me:


dinoflatellate_1_still_2.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new