Yasha Goby gone K.I.A?

liam’s little reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

About 3 days ago I purchased a Yasha Goby and Candy Stripe Pistol Shrimp. The Yasha was Quarantined at LFS with copper treatment for 2 weeks (don’t have my own qt setup at the moment) and he was the only fish in the tank. I took the pair home, dripped them both for about 1 hour (longer acclimation for sensitive shrimps sake) and dropped them in the tank. The shrimp took off into one of the live rocks immediately, and the goby just stayed near the back wall. He had a very quick feeding response the first day in tank, so he is healthy.

The second day I had the Yasha, he got spooked by my glass scraper, shot to the top of the tank, and got sucked into the overflow. I was very quick to turn off the pumps and net him back into the display. No physical damage, no heavy breathing, nada. He seemed fine, and he once again ate the next day.

I get home from work today, and no Yasha goby to be seen. The first thought to come to mind is that he once again got sucked into the sump, but I took out everything to make sure, and didn’t see him. I also have not seen the shrimp since the first day. Do you guys think the goby is okay? I have not seen any mounds of sand/burrows of any sort, so I’m very confused as to where he could have gone. Any advice or information is much appreciated, thanks :).
Liam

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably just found himself a place to make a home.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My high fin disappeared for 3 days within the first week of being in the tank. The shrimp goes long periods of time without making and appearance.

Don’t panic, wait it out...even though I too thought mine was a goner!

OP
OP
liam’s little reef

liam’s little reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My high fin disappeared for 3 days within the first week of being in the tank. The shrimp goes long periods of time without making and appearance.

Don’t panic, wait it out...even though I too thought mine was a goner!

Thanks for the reply. This is now day #3, and I still have not seen the shrimp or goby. Hopefully they will pop up soon!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back