Yasha Goby Pistol Shrimp

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Yasha Goby that's been in quarantine for 2 weeks and a candy cane pistol shrimp that I got today. Both are in my display tank currently. Just wanted some info from someone that has kept them before. The pistol shrimp found an area after a while and I think is going to dig a burrow. The Yasha is worrying me a bit though. I think it's just stressed but I can't tell. Its kinda pinning itself around the bottom of a rock not moving but breathing. How long does it usually take for the two to pair up? Any information from anyone that has kept them before would be amazing!! Thank you!

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have that much experience but to pair them, I have either put them both in a breeder box and then release or used a breeder box to deliver the goby into the shrimp’s cave.

I hope yours find each other.

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine came from two vendors in different parts of the country and found each other in a 50 gallon tank and paired overnight. I was impressed.

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Yasha Goby that's been in quarantine for 2 weeks and a candy cane pistol shrimp that I got today. Both are in my display tank currently. Just wanted some info from someone that has kept them before. The pistol shrimp found an area after a while and I think is going to dig a burrow. The Yasha is worrying me a bit though. I think it's just stressed but I can't tell. Its kinda pinning itself around the bottom of a rock not moving but breathing. How long does it usually take for the two to pair up? Any information from anyone that has kept them before would be amazing!! Thank you!
Took mine about three days to find each other. Then of course they chose a spot behind the rocks to buddy up. Took another 2 months before they moved their home to the front of the tank. They stayed there for two years when I moved and has to sell them.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back